Ransomed-Joe Keery

Start from the beginning

"Joe. . ."

"No," I cut him off. "In the note, they said that if I went to the police, they'd kill her."

"It's just a threat."

"How do you know that?"

"Because, and I'm sorry for saying this, but Y/N is worth more alive than dead. If they kill her, you won't pay them."

"I can pay them," I started rambling. "They're supposed to call me in the next 24 hours and tell me where to drop off the money. It's gonna take time to get the money together, but I have to do it. I have to get her back, Paul."

"I know," he said calmly. "Which is why you need to call the police, Joe."

"But. . ."

"They aren't going to hurt her," Paul interrupted me. "The police can help find her and make sure she is returned to you, unharmed. So, please listen to me, Joe. You need to reach out to them."

"They'll kill her," I said, my voice breaking.

"They won't," he said calmly. "It's like I said, she's worth more alive. Please trust me, Joe. Call the police and they'll say the same thing I'm telling you."

"Okay," I said under my breath.

"Good," Paul sighed. "As soon as you hang up, call them. I'll head over."

"Okay," I mumbled again as I hung up. My hands were still shaking as I dialed 911. I could barely breathe as it rang.

"911, what's your emergency?"

I opened my mouth, struggling to speak. "Sir? Are you alright?" The operator asked.

"My wife," I finally stuttered out.

"Is your wife hurt, sir?"

"No," I barely got out. I cleared my throat, trying to speak normally. "Someone took her."

"Took her?" The operator asked. "Sir, are you saying your wife was kidnapped?"

"I think so," I said. "There was a note. They want money or. . . Or they're gonna. . . They told me not to go to the police, but I had to. Please, you need to help me. They're gonna kill my wife."

"I've sent police officers," the woman on the phone said calmly. "They should be there in four minutes. They'll go over a few things with you and begin to settle this. They will do everything they can to get your wife back."

"Thank you," I mumbled as I hung up the phone.

I sat at the counter and put my head in my hands. Tears started falling as images of Y/N started playing like a movie reel. I racked my brain but it was useless. I had no idea who would do this to Y/N, to us.

"It's going to be okay, baby," I whispered. "I'll find you. And I'll do whatever it takes to get you back."

* * * * *

I went through the story again when the police arrived. I showed them Y/N's phone, the text, and the note. They had a bunch of questions that I answered honestly. They checked my alibi, but the entire cast of Stranger Things could vouge for me.