May the Fourth Be With Us-Steve Harrington

Steve's POV

"Please?"

"No."

"Pllleeeaaase."

"Nooo."

"Pretty please?"

"Changing the appearance of your please won't change my answer."

"How about changing my appearance?"

I laughed as Y/N turned on her famous Puppy Dog Eyes and Pout with her signature Head Tilt.

"Come on," I sighed trying to hide my laugh. "That's not fair."

"I don't understand why you won't."

"It's simple," I shrugged. "I don't want to watch Star Wars tonight, Y/N."

"But it's May 4th," she said sadly.

"So?"

"May the Fourth Be With You," she said like it should've been obvious.

"I have no idea what you just said," I laughed.

"Like May the Force Be With You," she explained. "It's what Jedis say to each other."

"How can my best friend be such a dork?"

"Hey," she said, trying to sound angry. "We prefer being called "nerds", thank you very much. If you're going to insult me, at least do it correctly."

"I'm sorry," I laughed as I put my hands up in defense.

"Please, Steve? I always watch a Star Wars movie on May 4th." She looked up at me through her eyelashes, knowing this look always got me to give in. "I don't want to watch it alone. Again."

"Damn it," I sighed. She smiled victoriously as she stood on her toes and kissed my cheek.

"I'll see you tonight!" She smiled as the bell rang.

"See you tonight," I sighed, "You nerd."

She jokingly crossed her arms over her chest and glared at me.

"I'm sorry," I chuckled. "Please allow me to rephrase: see you tonight, my nerd."

"And don't you forget it."

* * * * *

"Yay!" Y/N cheered as she opened the door.

"I brought popcorn and candy."

"Great," she smiled. "Pizza is on its way."

I laughed as she grabbed my hand and practically dragged me inside. After the pizza got here, we sat down and started the movie. I looked over at her and smiled when I saw the excited smile on her face as the words started scrolling up the screen.

"What?" She asked when she noticed I was staring at her and not reading the screen.

"You look like a kid in a candy store."

"Shut up," she giggled as she pushed me. "I love this movie."

I laughed as she laid her head on my shoulder. I looked down, my heart beating faster as she cuddled more into my chest. As she draped her arm across my waist, I wrapped my arm around her.

As we watched the movie, I couldn't stop trying to figure out how to confess my feelings for her. Y/N and I have known each other our entire lives. In ninth grade when Tommy made a comment about Y/N's biggest insecurity, I punched him in the face. Y/N iced my knuckles and gave me a lecture about fighting. That's when I realized I loved her.

Those feelings have only gotten stronger. I didn't just love her, I was in love with her.

Suddenly, my heart jumped into my throat when Y/N laughed. I had no clue why Y/N was laughing but it gave me crazy butterflies.

"I love you," I whispered.

Her head snapped towards me. My mouth went dry as she looked at me with wide eyes.

"What did you say?"

I opened and closed my mouth, struggling to figure out what to say. Y/N completely forgot about the movie as she sat up and turned toward me.

"Steve, what did you say?" She asked me again, softer this time. When I still didn't say anything, she whispered, "Please just tell me."

"I'm in love with you," I blurted out. Again.

"You are?" She asked, a small embarrassed smile on her face. I took a shaky breath as she scooted closer to me.

"Steve?" She whispered as I started to lean in.

Y/N sucked in a breath as my lips pressed to hers. My stomach flipped as she started to kiss me back. I slowly broke the kiss, both of us breathing heavily.

"I'm in love with you, too," she whispered.

I instantly pressed my lips back to hers. I felt her smile as our lips moved in sync. We relaxed more into the couch as we let our feelings spill out. I gently put my hand on her knee, not wanting to make her feel like I was pushing her. She let out a soft moan as she placed her hand on mine.

"Steve," she whispered as she broke the kiss. "We're missing the movie."

"The movie?" I chuckled. "We just admitted our feelings for each other and you're focused on the movie?"

I smiled as she pouted. "But it's Star Wars."

I reached up and used my thumb to untuck her pout. I sighed as I felt myself giving in.

"Rewind it."