Accidents Happen Part 2-Joe Keery

Reader's POV

I woke up, my head pounding. The lights were bright and there was this annoying beeping sound. I turned my head to see my manager half-asleep in the chair next to my bed.

"Jeff," I mumbled. He bolted awake and turned toward me.

"Y/N," he said, relief coming through. He scooted closer to me, unsure of what to do. "How are you feeling?"

"Tired," I whispered. "And my head won't stop spinning."

"I'm gonna go get your doctor," he said softly. "Maybe he can get you something for your head."

He hesitated before leaving my hospital room. The next few hours were filled with tests and questions. Eventually, the pain medication kicked in and I could barely keep my eyes open.

"We should let her get some sleep," the doctor said as he checked my pulse.

The next few days went like that: I woke up to doctors, continually poking and prodding at me. In between each interrogation, I had visitors. Ryan, Shawn, Joe, the stunt coordinator, make-up team, hair team, and anyone else I've worked with on set came by. The people who came the most were Ryan, Shawn, and Joe.

I was in the hospital for three days before I was finally released. I was cleared to go home but I wasn't cleared to go back to work. I spent the rest of the week in my apartment with Jeff constantly visiting me. The first night I was home, he refused to leave. Even though I told him I would be fine, he slept on the couch.

I woke up the next morning to Jeff, Joe, Ryan, and Shawn in my kitchen. They stayed that whole day. That one day stretched to the rest of the week. I soon caught on to the fact that they were taking shifts. They each took turns spending the day with me.

On day two when I almost passed out walking from my bedroom to the bathroom, they started insisting on having someone by my side 24/7. They were worried that I'd get annoyed but I thought it was sweet that they were so protective of me. The night before I was able to go back to work, Joe brought over dinner.

"I have to ask," he sighed, in the middle of dinner, "are you sure you're ready to come back to work?"

"Joe," I sighed. "We've gone over this. I've been cleared by the hospital doctor, the set doctor, and even the stunt coordinators. I'm fine."

"I know you say that but. . ."

"Hey," I cut him off. "I'll be fine."

"Just," he stuttered, "promise me that if you start to get. . . anything, you'll let us know so we can take a break."

"I will."

* * * * *

When the video got to the right spot and Joe got to his mark, I said my next line.

"Wow," I sighed, "those two were young and dumb."

"Geez," Joe gasped. "So we're breaking and entering now?"

"How does it feel working for a galactic black hole of frozen shit?"

"You have to leave. I can't talk to you."

"Shame will have that effect."

"No, Millie," Joe sighed. "I mean I can't talk to you. I can't even see you. I'm literally focusing on background objects because looking at your lips move violates my NDA and it could get me fired."