"Who is who...?" Mari mumbled while turning around in her seat and following Aijah's eyes. The sight in front of her had her matching her best friend's facial expression, her mouth forming an O shape.

They both stared as Samiron lead a beautiful brownskin woman down the steps of the backyard porch with his hand on her lower back. The woman was holding a little girl's hand, who barely reached her knee, and guided her down the steps in front of them.

"Who that is?" Nasir's voice caused them to look over at him. He stood next to their seats, his eyes also trained on the same sight of his son and another woman.

"We're asking the same thing." Aijah muttered, leaning back on her chair and crossing her arms. Out of the corner of her eye she saw Mari turning around in her chair awkwardly.

Nas's lips held a slight frown as he looked over at his son who had just said something to the mystery woman causing her to laugh. He and Samiron always had a rocky relationship over the years, but he'd at least hoped that Mir would let him know if he brought anyone new into his love life.

Like a lot of people, Nasir was convinced that Mari was Mir's soulmate regardless of all the bullshit that went on between them over the years. He would have hope for them to work out eventually, but the sight he was looking at caused him to lose hope.

He was such a strong supporter of Mari and Samiron because he saw so much of him and Harmoni's relationship in them. He constantly reminded Samiron that you only get one soulmate in this life. His was Harmoni, and now she was gone — he didn't want his son wasting any time apart from the woman he believed his son was meant to be with.

Samiron walked Malika and Paisley over to a vacant table, ignoring the eyes he felt on his back. He knew exactly where they were coming from.

"Are you sure this is okay?" Lika looked up at him, feeling people's eyes on her. It didn't bother her — seeing as she literally danced in revealing clothes in front of strangers every night. But being the outsider in a backyard full of people she didn't know felt invasive.

"I'm sure." He nodded, "I fuck with you and I know you don't really be associating with people like that so Paisley can chill with people her age here."

Lika smiled and tilted head at Mir. "You're so sweet."

He gave her an unconvinced look, causing her to chuckle. He looked over his shoulder to find his dad pinning him with a look of utter confusion before he turned toward Malika again. "I'ma be back. Make yourself comfortable, Lika. Don't be sittin' there by yourself like you mute or some."

Lika rolled her eyes as she sat down and helped Paisley up onto the chair next to her. "I will, Mir."

Nodding, Samiron turned around and made his way around all the set-ups and activities until he was standing right behind Mari's chair, facing his dad. "What up, OG?"

"Don't 'what-up' me, lil' nigga." Nas pointed his cup of Hennessy (that he was telling everyone was apple juice) at his son. "Who is that you brought with you?" He nodded his chin in Malika's direction.

Dropping his head to the side, Mir blew air out of his mouth before he looked over at Aijah, who was also giving him a look like she was waiting to hear his answer.

"We friends."

"Friends." Aijah and Nas both spoke at the same time like they didn't belive a word he was saying.