5

TW!!!

That Saturday rolled around. It was the next night after the dinner with Hal. Sophia was still with FP and wouldn't be arriving back until the next day. Alice had decided to take her free time to heavily clean her house. She wasn't able to do so throughout the week when she had her daughter so whenever she goes to her fathers house she always uses up her time wisely. 

After hours of cleaning, she sat back on her couch and watched the time. It got to be very lonely and boring without her young child in the house so Alice called her best friend who lived next door, Hermonie to come to her house and have a few drinks.

"Wait. Wait." Hermonie chuckles while taking another sip out of her wine glass before sitting it down on the table in front of her. "You're telling me that Hal kissed you and you turned him down?"

The two were sitting on the couch watching a movie in the  background. Alice chuckles and nods taking a sip out of her glass. "I can't date anyone you know I'm still married"

The brunette takes another sip. "Are you sure that's the reason?"

Alice looks at her raising her brow. "What does that mean?" She asks almost defensively and blandly confused at the comment her best friend had made.

"I think that you're not over FP and that's the actual reason why you don't want to actually date" 

Alice rolls her eyes and looks at her best friend who was sitting beside her. "You're going on about this again?" 

It was a huge surprise when Alice and FP had split. Hermonie along with every one else always thought they would get back together but one thing came another and he moved out of the house and they both did their own things separably. However, Hermonie always believed that the two are just being stubborn and they will one day find their ways back to one another. 

"Alice, you know just like I do that you're not over FP" she points out.

The blonde shifted uncomfortably in her spot not sure what to say. "That's not true"

Hermonie sighed. She knew everything about Alice and FP and she hoped that one day they would come to their senses. "We both know it's true, Amiga

Alice takes a full chug out of her glass before pouring more. She needed it to have this conversation. "Well it's not like I can just show up at his place and ask him to take me back. We're far from that" she spoke up quietly. 

Hermonie looks sympathetically at her best friend. "Are you though?" 

The blonde looked at the ground beneath her. "Al.." Hermonie scooted closer to her friend. "You both deserve to be happy.  I don't mean to keep prying in your guys relationship but I don't think that either of you are happy this way. I think, no, I know that if you would show up at his door right now he would take you back right then" 

Alice shrugged and shook her head tears swarming in her blue eyes. "It's not as simple as it was back in high school.. We've hurt each other far too much by now" 

Hermonie put a warm, comforting hand on her friends shoulder for support.  "Are you talking about the baby? Alice you know that's not your fault" 

The blonde shook her head finally letting the tears fall upon hearing the brunettes words. "Wasn't it, though? If I wouldn't have lost the baby then we wouldn't have fell apart" 

"Alice, loosing the baby wasn't your fault at all" she argued. Alice wiped her tears on her cheeks and turned her head to look at her.

"Then why did he start drinking again and leave me?" she spat back.

Hermonie pulled her friend closer, her heart aching for her friends. "I don't know, Al. But I don't think he blames you for that. You both were just grieving differently and that's how he handled it" 

The couple loosing their baby a few months ago after almost a year of trying to conceive it was hard for the two. Sophia, luckily, never knew what was going on other than one day her mother was having a baby and a few weeks later she wasn't anymore. 

The couple losing their baby made their relationship take a far turn for the worst. FP had started drinking again after promising not to touch any type of alcohol again. 

Right before they found out they were pregnant with Sophia he started having a alcohol addiction since his mother had died right before that. His father and him always had a bad relationship but him and his mother were close. She even loved Alice like a daughter.  But after that happened he would often go to the Wyrm and get drunk after work then Hogeye would have to call Alice to pick him up to take him home because he got entirely way to drunk to even drive. That had caused many fights between the the couple. A few weeks later, they found out Alice was pregnant with Sophia so that day FP finally realized the problem he had and vowed to both their daughter and Alice that he would never touch alcohol again.

But he eventually broke that promise and he did start drinking again after the loss of their second child.

Alice, however, had to be the stronger one after their losing the baby no matter how much it was a struggle for her to even get out of bed every morning and put a fake smile on her face. She got up everyday with their  daughter and took her to school and made her dinner while FP was away at work or drinking. 

The grieving of their child had come to the point where Alice and FP were fighting constantly. They were grieving in two different ways. He never even realized that he wasn't there for her in that time of pain and hurt because he got stuck in his own sorrow and hurt not realizing she wanted him there for her and he failed. 

One night, he came home from work and they got into another argument. The last one. She told him to leave. And he did. However, she didn't mean it. She just got stuck in her anger. She was expecting him to come back and he never did.

Alice sniffed and wiped the remainder of her tears off her face. "I don't know what to do now.."

Hermonie sincerely felt bad for her friend. She went from having everything.. A high school sweetheart of a husband, a daughter, trying to have another baby and owning a house on Elm Street to now it's just her and her daughter in this big house. "I don't know either. But I'll be here" Hermonie immediately said pulling her in for a tight hug feeling the need to comfort her closest friend.