4

The following weekend came by fast once again. Alice had called FP earlier that day saying that she got behind at work and that she couldn't get Sophia off the bus and drop her off at his place today. He happily agreed to doing it. It was a few extra hours he got to spend with his little girl.

Sophia wasn't expecting him to get her off the bus at her moms house since her mom always did since he moved out. Every Friday it was the same routine. Her mom would get her off the bus, take her to her dad's then on Sunday he would drop her back off at Alice's.

"Daddy!!" Sophia yells running off the little school bus and into her fathers arms.

"There's my favorite girl" He picks her up hugging her.

"Why are you here?" she asks blandly pulling back confused as to why her father was picking her up off the bus instead of her mother. 

FP smiles at the girl "Your mom had to work late" 

"Oh" He sits her back down on the ground and she digs in her backpack and pulls out a picture. "Lookie at what I made at school today" 

He takes the paper out of her hands and watches her excitement over it. "That's me" she points to the little drawing on the paper of a young girl. "That's you, that's mommy, and that's Hotdog" she points to the other drawings. It was a family portrait she made. 

FP watches how excited she gets over her drawing of her whole family together. His heart melts at the picture. It seems they've done a good job co parenting meaning that she still thinks of them as one big family still he thinks. But he wishes it was still true and not just a painting she drew.

"That's a good drawing peanut"

"Thanks daddy" she smiles before he grabs her hand to lead her to his vehicle with the drawing still in his other hand. "Can we go to Pop's? I'm starrrving.. pwease" She begs her father.

He laughs at the young girl. She's definitely a Jones with the love for Pop's and the big appetite. "Yes we can. But don't tell your mom. I don't want her thinking that I only feed you Pop's" he jokes slightly 

She looks up at him giggling "ok"

--

FP sat in the opposite side of the booth from his daughter and laughs at her excitement over drinking her milkshake. She's a chocolate lover like her father and the two of them would never pass up a Pop's chocolate milkshake. 

She pretty much scarfs down her cheeseburger in a few bites. She was indeed her fathers twin. 

Once they got back to the apartment Sophia went to play with Hotdog while FP was on the phone with Alice. Alice called him to check in and to talk to Sophia since she wasn't able to be the one who picked her up and take her to FP's and say goodbye for the weekend. 

Once he hangs up the phone Sophia comes running back into the room changed into her pajamas. "I take it you like your new pj's?" FP watches her excitement over her new pajams he bought her for the apartment a few days back. 

Sophia jumps up and down "Yesss. Thank you so much, daddy" she walks over to the couch to join him "Can we watch The lion king?"

The girl had a big heart. She loved animals and he favorite movie at the time was The Lion king.

"Of course we can peanut" FP chuckles.

Alice on the other hand just got home from her dinner with Hal. It wasn't a date or anything remotely close to her. It was just some dinner with a friend.

"I had an excellent time tonight with you Alice" Hal says to her as she turns back to face him after unlocking her front door. "Yea. It was nice to get out" 

That's when he does it. He leans in a little to plant a kiss on her lips. She pushes back after a second. "I'm sorry" she says to him wiping her mouth. 

"It's fine." He steps back. "I guess I got the wrong message. That's my fault" Hal sadly smiles.

" Tonight was good. I had fun. It's just as you know I can't date right now" She admits to him again. Her excuse has always been that she's still married technically but she never actually admitted to anyone and barely even herself that she just wasn't ready because she still had strong feelings for the father of her daughter.

Hal was quick to cut her off  "I get it. I really do. Don't worry about it" He takes another step back getting ready to leave.

Alice smiles gratefully at the man standing in front of her. " I'll see you Monday?"  Hal adds starting to walk away from the blonde haired woman standing on her front step. 

It was awkward between the two now. "Yea. As always." 

Sorry for the later upload. I just got back from Holiday not long ago and have been working since will try to upload more frequently again