Chapter 4

10 days left

Gemoni walked into a space that looked like it was set up to be a dance studio. Oh, how she used to love dancing. The 2000s had great music and she choreographed dances to many of them.

"Hey, cutie." Gemoni spun around with her pocket knife to see Witt.

"Ugh. Thought you were someone else."

"Oh?"

"Mind your business. Hey, are you good at dancing?"

"I dunno. You tell me." He pulled out his phone and put on a song from DNCE.

"You like 2000s music too?!" Gemoni asked excitedly.

"Yeah!"  The song started playing Witt moved around dancing a pretty simple choreograph.

Heyyyyy. I'm just trying to make my way on

Through the concrete jungle

Who walks with me?

Aye, oh yeah, tryna find connection

In two-thousand something ain't easy

Gemoni joined in with her little dance of her own. She did some basic steps until the chorus broke down. Then somehow, both of them broke into synchronized dancing.

"Uh! Na na na na na na na na
'Til I find someone I love
Na na na na na na na na
Kissing strangers
Uh! Na na na na na na na na
'Til I find someone I trust
Na na na na na na na na
Kissing strangers (Uh!)Open heart, open mind
Never know who you'll find
Open heart, close your eyes
Kissing strangers
Uh! Na na na na na na na na
'Til I find someone I love
Na na na na na na na na
Kissing strangers

The song played and they just pretended like everything was normal. Gem ended the dance with a flourish and laughed as Elliot tried to do a split and split his pants. "Haha!"

Elliot stood up quickly and tried to cover his pants. Gemoni threw over her jacket and he wrapped it around his waist. "Real funny."

"Hey, what do you think about redoing this place and making it a dance studio? Us two. Business partners. Between this and your bar, you'd become a millionaire."

"You're right... But you-"

"Sh. I mean it. What if we make this new?" She ran her hands over the wall, and paint dust got on her fingers.

"Who would teach?" Mirage asked, sitting down.

"Me and you."

"Ok... but are we going to ignore that you're gonna die in a week?"

"Yes," Gemoni said sharply, glaring at Mirage.

"Sorry. Sorry." He grabbed his phone and walked over to her. "Hey so, what's the deal between you and Octane? Are y'all-"

"Don't even finish that sentence Witt," she said through gritted teeth.

"Guess not." They sat down waiting for someone to come to see the place. "Are you dating anyone?"

"Mirage, why all the questions?"

"Because I like someone, and you're close with them and I wanna know if she-"

"She?" Gemoni asked, looking at him with a mischievous grin.

"Ugh. Nevermind." Silence.

"Loba?"

"What?"

"Is it Loba?"

"Ew, no. We don't even talk."