Chapter 3

"Do you not know how to shut up?" Wraith hissed, grabbing Gemoni's arm and pulling her away from the others.

"Bu- you ju- they're alive?" she asked, her eyes tearing up and her mouth curling up with joy.

"Yes. I know it wasn't what you needed but I was investigating... well you."

"Where are they?"

"Some place called Harris Valley. It's a pretty chill place but very IMC-unfriendly. Imagine what they think about us Legends."

"They're alive." Gemoni sank to the floor. Her family survived? But why wouldn't they try to find her?

"Yes. I need to go and find what you needed me to look for but now you know this." And with that, the phase runner made a portal and left Gemoni to think.

~~~

At the base, Wraith got to a terminal she had been to once or twice. She put a USB in while gathering the footage she needed. As it downloaded, she looked up her name to find what she always did, her "project" and the ending. It read "success". But at what cost for her? The video finished downloading and she took the USB file out, quickly opening a portal and facilitating her escape unharmed.

~~~

Gemoni ran up to Octane's room, barging in as she always had, only to see something she would never wanna see again.

"Pero por Dios, what the hell are you doing now!?" she asked surprised. Octavio was a bit self-conscious about his stumps and Gemoni hadn't seen them before. He was also wiping his eyes.

"Uh..." He turned around and put his legs on before turning around and facing her. His eyes were red. It was noticeable that he'd been crying.

"Wait." Gemoni didn't hesitate before walking up to him, arms open. "What's wrong?" she asked, concerned.

"The anxiety hit hard today chica. I can't lose you." Gemoni wiped some of the leftover tears gently.

"Hey... don't think like that." She smiled a little bit, knowing if he cried, she would cry and they both probably wouldn't stop crying. "I told you, I'm gonna clear my name."

"But what if you don't?"

"We will." Octane looked up at her. His mask was off and his goggles showed those goofy eyes. Gem squeezed him gently. "It's gonna be ok." He hugged her back, smiling sheepishly.

~~~

Crypto became desperate. Word got around about Gemoni taking the fall for what he did. So now he had the legends against him... but why the Syndicate? So he reached out to the person everyone went to.

"Renee." He walked up to her and tapped her shoulder, grabbing her attention. She took out her headphones and glared at him.

"Here to frame me too?"

"I didn't frame her."

"According to the original security footage, yes you did. I'm sorry but I'm on her side."

"You're not sorry. Well, how about this. I'll help you with whatever you need."

"Already have enough help. Sorry, Tae."

"Don't use that name."

"Hmph. Hit a nerve right?" She popped the headphones back on, smirking as she walked away. Crypto walked back to his room and slammed the door.

"Hey bruddah, relax with the door." Makoa watched him from his side of the room.

"Do not tell me what to do," Crypto said coldly. He say unto his chair and started typing away, ignoring what Gibby had to say. The big teddy bear looked disappointed and walked out.