Chapter Four

Jasmine

Together
Gavin is right, with him by my side, I don't need to be in fear. When we met, I was so shocked and taken by surprise, I ran from him. For days, he tried to talk to me, but I avoided him at all costs. Having a mate, brought a lot of overwhelming emotions. The Goddess dictating whom I'm supposed to love. I wasn't ready for that, especially when I knew I was his second chance. Well, third, If you count his mishap with Octavia. I was okay with the idea of being alone, I've been alone for such a long time, it never crossed my mind that I would even develop a mate bond with a wolf.

The possibility was there, but having a dormant wolf, I pushed it all aside. He had been in Alpha Damions pack for some time, we never crossed paths till the night he made a move on Octavia and came to see me after Damion punched him. The story was ridiculous, but not as ridiculous as finding out I was his second chance mate. I felt embarrassed, that he finally discovered me, only to have two failed attempts with other women. My self esteem was low, then I was confused and conflicted about the idea of rejecting him.

After taking several days to weigh my options, I decided to give him a chance to speak to me. When the attacks happened and all hell broke loose in Dark Moon pack, my attention was called elsewhere. Once things finally settled, I searched for him this time. Panic started to set in when I couldn't find him, that's when we discovered he'd been taken by Catiyana's pack.

Once again I was faced with a dilemma, allow him to stay gone, eliminating him from my life, or go find him. The bond was pulling me hard in the direction he was, it's nearly impossible to fight against it. Another reason why I was so conflicted about everything. I wanted the love to be true, not forced.

When the pain started coming through our weak bond, I knew that he was close to death. I barely felt anything before, so to feel something then, meant he was in serious pain. Pain from being on the brink of death, and pain from the possibility of being rejected again. Could I truly live with myself, knowing I could stop it, but choosing not to.  After a long internal battle, I called upon the wind to carry me to him. The bond was like a beacon, guiding me exactly where I needed to be. The moment I saw him, bloodied and barely hanging on, was the moment I decided to give whatever it was a chance.

Arriving back to Dark Moon pack, I helped heal his injuries. His body was so battered and bruised, he had given up hope and was accepting death. Once he finally awoke, we talked for a long time. I told him about my feelings on everything, how I didn't want a forced bond with someone, I wanted to be alone. I had accepted that it wasn't in the cards for me.

Meeting him wasn't something I never expected to happen, everything was overwhelming. He was understanding and asked if I would consider taking things slow. We spent the remainder of that week, locked away in my room, just talking. I told him all that I remembered about my past, how my wolf is dormant and about the people hunting me. He told me the things he experienced, his rejection from his first mate bond, and even more detail about his mishap with Octavia. When I started to feel more comfortable with him, I agreed to give him a chance, with us taking things very slow. Allowing the time for a relationship to form first, before anything else.

Eventually , I knew we needed to leave Dark Moon pack and find any information we could about my past coven. Damion and Octavia pleaded with us to stay, swearing they would always protect me, but I would never truly feel like myself, if I didn't even attempt to bring my wolf out.

Gavin never pressured me with the issue of actually mating, so we've spent the last year together never officially completing our bond. He gave me the time I needed to fully process my emotions and love him, as a person, not as a forced bond. I know how hard its been for him to hold back, male wolves aren't known for their patience, nor their ability to withhold their desire for their mate. He is so gentle and kind, I never want to remember that moment I even considered rejecting him. He is everything, someone that I could never live without.

My love for him didn't just explode like fireworks the moment we met, it came slowly. Like small droplets of rain, watering a tiny seed, till one day the flower finally bloomed.