Chapter Thirty-Five: Todoroki Christmas Eve

Start from the beginning

"Hi mommy!" I smile and kiss their cheeks.

"Hi babies." I stand and kiss Shoto's cheek. I help decorate for a little while. I grab the star.

"I wanna put the star up."

"No I wanna do it!" They fight.

"Hey no fighting." I give them the star.

"Up we go!" Enji lifts up Vikky and I lift up Isamu. They hold the star and place it on top of the tree. They smile when it lights up. Shoto must've plugged it in. We place them on their feet and they take off.

"They're so precious." I feel as Enji wraps his arms around my waist.

"Yup." I remove his arms and circle back around to Touya.

"So...how are things with you and Harmalie?"

"It's going good. Really well actually. Better than I thought. I really...like her."

"You're in looooove." I tease.

"I do. I do love her." I poke his cheek, causing him to chuckle.

"I'm proud of you. I told you that you would find happiness again." I smile at him.

"I can't wait to meet her officially as your girlfriend." I beam.

"You'll meet her soon." I look at him.

"Awe my baby boy's blushing."

"Please don't embarrass me tonight." Touya begs.

"Fine I won't bring up your baby pictures of your first potty training." I sarcastically say.

"Mom!"

"When have I ever brought up your baby pictures or embarrass you?"

"You're right. My bad. I should be telling this to Fu."

"Checkmate." We laugh.

"Fu and Natsu should be done with desserts. They looked almost done." I check the time.

"Guests will be coming soon."

"Grandma Teka's coming over?" I nod.

"Great. My old man's in the hot water again. I know she'll ask him why you two aren't married."

"Don't start Todoroki."

"I don't have to start. It's dad's fault."

"I'm okay with not being married. I don't want to get married. And I don't want to date."

"Mom every woman deserves to be married. Especially you. Especially Prescott."

"I know. But I also have a right to not want to get married."

"You have that too. We just want you happy. And I don't want you to knock the opportunity if the next guy sweeps you off your feet and ask for your hand in marriage."

"You and your siblings worry too much."

"We love you. We care about you and we're worried. The heat between you and daddy died down but the fire isn't gone. We know about Rei still being in his life. And Fu thinks it's not being his friend. That she's not over the fact that they're not married. Like she wants a second chance."

"Why are y'all so invested in his love life and mine?"

"I personally think it's unfair to you, to him and to us that she's trying to weasel her way back into his life. He called off the wedding for a reason. He left her at the alter for a reason. He broke it off with her for a reason. He stepped down as the number one hero for a reason. He is moving mountains for a reason." Touya exhales deeply.