Chapter Thirty-One: Recovery

Hiiiiiiii! How are you? Hope all is well. Happy reading!😊
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A year has passed. Touya became estranged towards everyone. His depression deepened. He wasn't himself at all. He hated all of us. It broke me to see the hatred in his eyes as he said he hated us. He wish Kento would've killed him. Harvested his organs and extract his melanin. He said he felt like a loser. As a mother, I continued to take care of him no matter how many times he harassed me. No matter how many times he was violent. He never strike me, but his words did. I died internally. I never went back to the therapy sessions. I refused to be taken care of by Enji. My only priority was to take care of Touya and get him to walk again. His physical therapy sessions are private. He didn't let any of us be there to support him. We're not even sure how much progress he's making. During this time, Enji has proved himself to all of us. Natsuo is hard on him but forgave his father.

"Y/N the therapist is here." Enji appears at my door.

"Good. Tell me how it goes." I say as I make up my bed after changing the sheets.

"You need to come." I shake my head no.

"Nah. I'm good." Enji storms over and lifts me up. He tosses me over his shoulder.

"Enji put me down!" Enji walks downstairs as I hit his back. He place me on the sofa. I jump up.

"Sit your ass down." I sit back down, surprised. Enji drops down in front of me and take my hands. He takes a deep breath.

"I'm worried about you. I'm worried about your mental health. I can't say mine is great because our son isn't okay but I need you to attend therapy with us. I love you. You're my top priority too. You need to be healing along with us. Stop holding it in. We can't lose you. You can't lose yourself. Just please." Enji begs.

"Fine. Just this one session."

"It's a start." Enji smiles. He grabs the back of my head and kiss my forehead. Everyone piled into the family room except Touya. Hizashi takes his seat on the chair.

"I see everyone's here today."

"Hi Mr.Nolan!" The twins beam.

"Hello Vikhyati and Isamu. How are you?"

"I'm sad." They say.

"Why?"

"Touya's mean. And he's not happy anymore." Isamu replied. Hizashi writes.

"Oh baby." I pick him up and put him in my arms. I hug him.

"It's okay baby. What can mama do to make you happy?" I ask.

"Make Touya happy again please?" Vikky asks. I grab her as well.

"I'm trying baby. I will do everything in my power to make him happy again. Mama's working on it but it's a lot and it's going to take more time. Touya will be back to normal soon. Don't worry your pretty little hearts okay?" I kiss both of their foreheads.

"Okay mama!" They smile. I keep them on my lap as the session goes on. It's good to hear that everyone is doing good.

"How do you feel Mrs. Todoroki?" Hizashi asks.

"Please don't call me that."

"Right, sorry. What's on your mind?" I exhaled deeply.

"Everything. I'm trying so hard I really am. But he hates me more and more. He blamed me for the car accident. I-I mean he's not wrong."

"He what?!" Enji yells, jumping up.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I look at Enji.

"That's why. Look at how you're reacting." He exhaled.

"You're right. I'm sorry."

"How does this make you feel?" Hizashi asks.

"Like a complete failure. I failed my son. I failed as a mother."

"No mama don't say that! You never failed. You're the best mother we could ever ask for." Fuyumi quickly responds.

"Please don't blame yourself mama." Shoto begs.

"Mama it's not your fault." Natsuo tells me. "It is my fault. You guys would be better off if you all had better mom. You know because neither of you would be traumatized by my own trauma and I wouldn't be the reason Touya's paralyzed. He's right. It is my fault and he has every right to hate me." I choke out as tears roll down my face.

"Don't cry mama!" The twins hug me tightly. I hug them too. I feel as everyone hug around me.

"It's going to be okay. You're an excellent mom." I look up at my children. I hug them one by one and kiss their foreheads.

"Mama please don't ever think you're a bad mother." I hear a different voice. Everyone pull away. I look up to see Touya standing there.

"T-T-T-Touya!" I jump up.

"Oh my god you're walking! Baby you're walking!" I hug him tightly.

"I'm so sorry!" I cry out.

"It's okay mama. I'm sorry. It's not your fault. You're the best mom in the world. I love you so much." I look up at him.

"You-You don't hate me?"

"No. No! I could never hate you. I'm so sorry I said that. I wasn't myself. I hated myself for it. I wish I never said it to either of you." I start crying again. I wipe my tears. I pull him down to my level and kiss his forehead.

"I am so proud of you baby. H-How long have you been walking?" I ask my son.

"Two months now. I wanted to be sure that it was guaranteed." I pull away and he looks around the room.

"I'm so incredibly sorry everyone. I never meant what I said. I wasn't myself and I thought I could never walk again. I lost my wife because I was an ass. I will make it all up to you. I don't expect to be forgiven so easily." Fuyumi stand up. Touya holds his arms out. She punches her brother out. He falls.

"Fuyumi!" I scream.

"That is for being violent towards mom. That was also for disrespecting your wife!" She spat. Touya gets up.

"I deserve that."

"Now I forgive you." She pulls her older brother into a hug.

"I love you Fu."

"I love you too, idiot."

"We're still mad at you, but you're forgiven." Everyone crowded around Touya.

"Touya!" The twins run up to him. He bends down and scoop them up.

"My favorite twins! I love you." He kiss both of their cheeks.

"Love you too!" He puts them on their feet.

"Dad?" Enji looks up. Touya holds his arms out. Enji gets up and pulls Touya into his arms.

"I'm so proud of you son."

"I'm so sorry dad. I didn't mean to hurt anyone."

"I know son. You were in great pain. But you will be held accountable for your actions."

"I know dad. I'm prepared for it."

"Good. In the meantime, Hizashi is here and you need to speak to him."

"I know." Touya pulls away. He grabs my car keys. "But first, I have some business to take care of." Touya takes off.

"Touya!" I call.

"I'll be back I promise!" He yells. Enji walks up to me.

"You did it Y/N. You are an incredible mother and an honorable woman. You're his hero." Enji says as he kiss me.

"You're a hero to all of us." Shoto says. I smile wide.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Finally!🤧