Chapter Thirty-Six: Say Yes

Hiiiii! How are you? Hope all is well. This ain't a time skip. Happy reading!😊
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stand there completely stunned.

"Prescott? Are you okay? What happened? Who did this to you?" I ask as I stand her up. She throws her arms around me and starts crying. I hug her tightly.

"H-He hurt me." She tells me.

"Who?" I ask. I feel as the alcohol is leaving my body, sobering me up.

"Xavier."

"Your fiancé?" She pulls away and nods.

"He-He got jealous that I was previously engaged to your son. And tonight he got completely drunk out of his mind and hit me. I hit him back of course and he's out cold but I h-had to leave. I didn't want it to get worse than it already is when he wakes up." She explains.

"What the fuck? Where are your parents?"

"They went to see my grandparents and I wanted to stay h-home. I haven't told them yet." She shivers and I realize how cold it is outside and the amount of snow. I pull her inside and close the door. I lock it. I hold her hand, leading her into the family room.

"You go make yourself comfortable." She nods and walks to the sofa.

"Enji?" I call. He comes downstairs.

"Yes?"

"Get a warm blanket."

"Yes Master." I walk to the family dining room and make her a plate. I poured some wine. I walked back and give it to her.

"Thank you but I-I'm not really hungry."

"Eat. If you don't eat now, you'll continue to stop eating." She takes it from me. She eats slowly.

"Thank you." She wipes a tear and sniff.

"I-I didn't mean to intrude and ruin your party."

"Nonsense. You need to be safe."

"Prescott?" I hear. I step out of the way.

"Oh my god what happened? Who did this to you?" Touya asks.

"M-My fiancée." Enji walks up. I take the blanket and wrap it around her. Harmalie gasps.

"Oh my god! Are you okay?" Prescott nods.

"I'm fine." She nods again.

"I'm gonna go get some ice." Harmalie walks off. She puts the plate on the table and begin sobbing. Touya pulls her up and wraps his arms around her tightly. She sobs uncontrollably. He rubs her back as his face is nuzzled into her neck. I shake my head. I wanted to murder her fiancé.

"I'm so sorry this happened to you. You didn't deserve any of this. You deserve nothing but the best and happiness. You deserve to be loved, cherished, treasured, worshiped and prioritized." I listen to Touya. He wipes her tears and kiss her forehead. She nods. Harmalie walks back with ice. She hands it to Prescott who puts it on her face.

"Touya go get my first aid kit upstairs." He nods and walks off. Prescott sits back down and grabs the glass. She knocks it back. I watch as she pours more. Harmalie sits with her, rubbing her back. She knocks it back and pours a third. I snatch the bottle and cup.

"I'm cutting you off." I tell her.

"I-I'm fine." She hiccups.

"You don't need to drown your sorrows in this. And you probably had multiple glasses at home before the shit show happened." She pouts but nods. Harmalie hugs her tightly. I give the bottle to Teka. I think everyone is too intoxicated to realize what's going on over here. My mother and father weren't around at the moment. Shoto is somewhere as well. I put the glass in the kitchen. Shoto was clearing the dining table. I help him clean up.