Chapter Four

CHAPTER FOUR:

THE PUPPET

"How did you find the human pod so quickly again?" Kate asked after they put Sonnie's human body in the human pod

"You don't want to know." Wes said with Ivrina nodding from beside him.

"Aha..." Kate did not pressure any longer, she was far too busy staring at Sonnievores (as they had affectionately started to call her now) solemn form floating in the special liquid of the pod.

"What happened?" It was Wes turn to ask.

"I have no idea." She had checked the stats and everything, there was no sign of worry that would explain this reaction. The only way they would know what happened was by Sonnie herself, but seeing as she was not in her human body they had no way of communicating with her at the moment .

"Maybe your calculations where wrong." Ivrina chimed in, shutting her mouth immediately at Kate's sharp glare. The sweet faced blonde gave another level to the saying 'shooting daggers' with her eyes.

"I don't make wrong calculations." She hissed.

Didn't Wes say she was humble?

Speaking if which, Wes had slipped away ,tinkering with some mechanisms behind the pod without explaining what he had in mind or what he was doing. The two just left him to his own devices.

"It wasn't that." The familiar accented voice rang through the van making Ivrina jump and Kate even let out a small scream turning to look at Sonnievore with eyes wide like frying pans.

How did she do that?!

A laugh echoed in the van, belonging to none other than Wes who finally lifted himself from his hiding spot behind the pod. He was holding a tool in his right hand which was wrapped around her stomach, holding his sides as he found the two women's reactions hilarious. Kate could've sworn she heard a giggle from Sonnie as well, but she was far too busy figuring out how the fuck she could talk when she wasn't in her human body. It was evident that Wes had something to do with it.

"I'm breaking up with you." Ivrina announced, crossing her hands in front of her chest and glaring at the tech.

That's when Kate had officially heard everything. And in our next news the earth was flat. The blonde turned to Sonnievore as if asking 'you heard what I heard, right?' and even in her beastie form Kate could make out a tingle of amusement in Sonnie's reptilian eyes.

"After I just found a way for our dear Sonnie to communicate even when she is in Khanivore?" Wes pouted going around Ivrina, kissing her cheek even when she snarled at him in warning.