17: OBEY

CHAPTER 17: OBEY

The familiar sound of paint sloshing against each other and the texture of the canvas felt comfortable.

Your eyes remained closed as instructed.

The cool air of the air conditioning felt nice. The fluffy big coat around your bare body felt amazing.

The atmosphere of the room was quick to adjust to but the painter's new attitude isn't.

"I'm done. " Calvin stood up and take a few steps back to admire his work. But most importantly, to admire you.

You stood up as well and nuzzle yourself into the soft fabric of the big coat. It was cold and you were told to wear a bikini though with a large coat to keep you warm.

The concept was quite uncommon. Just you holding a golden-painted apple over your gaping mouth, wearing a bikini and a large coat together with a pair of wedges.

You shuffled your feet that wore the said white-colored wedges.

You honestly don't know how it turned out to be like this.

In the beginning, you thought this collaboration will be one of those memorable and bizarre moments that happened in your life. One that just happens for a short time.

You thought your relationship with the world's famous artist would be where he's the snobby, elegant, superior person who's in charge of everything, and you're the inferior one to obey his every command.

And well, I guess it does end up like that, but looking at your current position, there are some differences.

You slightly tugged on the collar and picked at your nails with your other fingers. You tugged the loose portion of your nail and dropped it down to the floor.

Calvin is still analyzing his work.

You gulped once you made eye contact.

"Well done." He began to clean up his materials and put them back in place. "Take a look,"

You walked over and viewed the painting he made of you. You sat on a white stool, your coat draped over your shoulders, giving a glimpse of your bare body in a white bikini.

Your wedges made you look tall. The golden-colored apple shines and its hue gives its emphasis on all the white-colored objects in the painting. Overall, this concept shows how the rich consume whatever and do not give a shit because they're wealthy.

You were startled when a pair of arms wrapped around your waist, bringing you to their hard chest. "Do you like it?" The painter places his chin on your shoulder.

"It's..." You placed your left hand over the side of his face. You wanted to push him away from you. "It's nice." You replied.

"Great!" He kisses you on the cheek.

The both of you stood there for a while. It was silent. It was awkward.

Calvin's grip on your waist tightened for some time. You glanced at the digital clock on the table near you.

"It's getting late," You tried to lightly push yourself away from Calvin but his hug tightened even more.

"Oh, really?" He looked at the clock and back at you. "Do you want to go to bed?" He cooed.

"Yea..." He began to sway your body from side to side. He chuckled, "Alright. "

He let go of your waist. You draw in a big breath to bring back oxygen and to steady your anxious heart, which was quite of a struggle to do so when Calvin proceeds to hold your hand and touch you again.

"I'll go and change, aha." You squabble over towards the corner where the folding screens are located. You moved quickly to purposefully remove Calvin's hold on you. You hastily removed all the white-colored clothing and changed back to those that are more comfortable.

Calvin switched off the air conditioner and the lights before he brings you out of the room.

"Let's sleep then." He walks you over to a pair of large doors. The room was familiar.

It's a master bedroom. This is the bedroom you were in when Calvin drove you over to his house days ago.

This is Calvin's bedroom.

He suddenly picks you up bridal style and gently places you down vertically on the bed, with your head resting on the pillow.

He huffed once his head hits the pillow beside yours. He turns around, now facing you.

His arms wrap around your waist and he pulls you in towards his body, hugging you.

He places his chin where he placed it earlier: on your shoulder. He deeply inhales your scent.

Your hands felt cold despite being under a dense, fluffy blanket.

Your system constantly tells you to push him away, slap him, and run. But you know for a fact that you couldn't do that.

You really couldn't.

All you can do is obey.