03: SNAKE

CHAPTER 3: SNAKE

"Damn," You drank a glass of sprite. "That was good." You clapped your fingers against one another so that it won't create a clapping sound that might disturb others. You checked the watch on your wrist, and there it read 3:33 pm. "Oh shit," You murmured. Lois looked up in curiosity.

"I need to get ready for the meeting with Calvin. Would it be alright if you can send me to Mellie Park?" You asked your boyfriend, who is eating the last few strands of his Carbonara. "4 pm, right?" You nodded.

Your boyfriend immediately raised his hand up, scanning the room for any waiter, and not more than five seconds, a person wearing a white tuxedo with the printed name of the restaurant arrives. "I'll pay," You said and grinned, bringing out your credit card. The waiter nodded, grabbed it, walks away, then returns with the said object.

After wading through a crowd of people, paparazzi, and waving at people who called out your name, you finally arrived in the car. Lois places his arms around the back of your seat as he drives to the designated destination. Gazing at random buildings, people, and objects out the window, you didn't realize that you finally arrived at the park.

You were about to open the car door, however, it's still locked. You glanced at your boyfriend, who was already staring right into your head. "Take care and good luck." He pecked your cheek. A tint of redness faded into the place he placed his lips on, "Will do," You giggled, and finally, the car door was unlocked, giving you the freedom to open it.

Once you stepped out of the car, the window rolled down revealing your boyfriend. He waves at you with a big smile on his face as the car moves down the road. "Stay safe!" He shouted, and then, the car is out of your sight.

You breathed in and out. Now, where could Calvin Doris be?

You entered the gates of Mellie Park and looked around, seeing a bunch of people, but not a figure resembling the man you're scheduled to meet today. You glanced at your watch, 4:00 pm, it reads. You placed your hand on your waist and sighed out.

"Hello." A breathy voice was audible in your left ear. The presence of a person just suddenly appeared there.

Your eyes widened. You turned your body around to know who the fuck decided to just scare you like that. There stood a man taller than you by a few inches. A black bucket hat, face mask, a gray v-neck sweater vest over a white polo sweater, with black pants and boots. This man's attire screams 'expensively-simply decent.'

"(Y/N), yes?" The man said. You pushed your saliva down your throat before you let out a small, "Yes," in confirmation. "Are you Mr. Doris?" You finally gathered the courage to ask something to this strange human. He nodded and suddenly wrapped your body in his arms, "Greetings."

You certainly did not expect this hug, but you awkwardly hugged back, playing along. "Uh, yes, greetings to you too!" You almost struggled to get yourself out of his tight hug. "Mhm," He hummed. "Let's sit." He ordered as he walked toward an empty picnic table. The table was right beside a pond filled with koi fish.

You took a seat across from him.

Well, this is awkward. You could feel his burning gaze on your figure, and man, does it feel familiar.

"You're going to pose for me. I wish for my painting to have an angelic essence, similar to a Greek God." Calvin solemnly instructed. "I would like to work on this immediately." Your eyes perked up at those words. You don't think you're ready yet, hell, you're still trying to steady your heartbeat from being in the presence of this top-one famous artist.

"You will be paid a thousand per hour. We shall work in my studio. We will work on this today." He stood up from his sitting position. "Is that understood?" He looked down at me. "Clear." You replied. You're trying your best to be professional in his presence, though, it's quite a struggle to do so when his aura is very intimidating.

'Why did he even schedule us to meet in this park, when the meeting is just going to take a few minutes? He could've talked to me about it in the call and given me the address to his studio.' You thought.

Calvin suddenly started to walk somewhere. You decided to follow him. The man leads you to his car. Before he entered, he made sure that you were able to take a seat. At least he's a gentleman.

The driver locked eyes with Calvin for a second, somehow sending messages through eye contact, and he automatically stepped on the gas pedal. The air felt suffocating in this car. Calvin sat close to you, maybe a bit too close, since there's no space between yours and Calvin's thighs. You could smell the expensive cologne of Calvin. The scent can make anyone feel calm, however, the presence of this man does not.

After a long, excruciating ride, you finally arrive at some sort of building. "Stay," Calvin demanded before he stepped out of the car. Your eyebrows furrowed in confusion until he walked around the car to your side, and opened the door for you. You almost hesitated before you stepped out of the car. The painter ducked down to the level of the driver and nodded his head, signaling the driver to leave you both.

Again, Calvin suddenly started walking inside without telling anything else. The silence gives you a signal to follow him. Before you know it, a lot of people came up to you, placing accessories and other things on you, with others arranging the set-up of the place where you will strike a pose.

A woman holding a white robe-like outfit began to tug at your clothes, trying to remove them. "Oh-uh, wait, I could do that, you don't have to dress me up. I can do it myself," You hastily voiced out. The woman nodded and walked away after giving you the outfit. You brought out your hand, telling them to stop for a second since you need to move towards a more secluded area for you to dress up. Luckily, the people understood and respected that. Once you're done putting on the clothes, you came out and the people immediately continued to work on arranging the designs on your figure.

After a few seconds, they're done. A man told you to move towards the center of the studio where a white rectangular chair sat. You took a seat and scanned your surroundings, seeing a group of people bringing out boxes.

Calvin sat across from you, in front of his easel. His eyes never leave your form. He watched as your eyes widened upon the sight before you. The group of people brought out two snakes, both of them colored black.

"Don't worry, they're harmless." Calvin smiled at you. The gentle look on his face is a rare sight to see. You let out a sigh. The money is big and you may need to endure this fear of yours.