16: FEAR

CHAPTER 16: FEAR

                  ♩

 ♬    

  ♩

                                                ♩      

   ♩

"I wanna be loved by you, just you

And nobody else but you,

I wanna be loved by you, alone! ~"

Classical music plays on the stereo beside the large television followed by the sound of food being grated.

A man dressed in a white shirt and black pants together with an apron wrapped around his waist, hummed and occasionally sang along with the song.

"Boop-boop-a-doop!" The artist sang as he booped your nose along to the beat. You sat there on the chair with a straight face while he sets the table with plates.

"What a lovely morning." He gets no reply from you in return. He frowns but it was immediately replaced with his unique grin.

"Cheer up," He flicked your forehead which you didn't react to at all. You just continued your straight face, which was slowly turning into a frown.

"Our wedding is getting nearer! You should be smiling~" He giggles and walks back into the kitchen to bring out the food.

"Mmmmwah! Mmmmmmmmmmmwah!" That one Cockatoo kisses your cheek dramatically with a kissy-noise. Your eye twitched. Cockatoos are bizarre.

"I apologize if my love for you was not that obvious." His face gradually turns stoic. "But I must say that you're still quite oblivious."

He bends down and pulls the oven doors, bringing out a tray of baked Macaroni and cheese. The smell of it made your stomach grumble.

He comes back to the table and places down the said food. "Let's eat."

It's quite unusual for you to see him looking like a househusband. You wonder where the maids were. Why weren't they the ones setting up the table?

Slowly, you begin grabbing a portion of the Mac and cheese with your utensils, then you placed them on your plate. Then, Calvin follows.

"It's crazy as to how things come by quickly." He tries to start a conversation. "It's been two years since I've known you."

"And throughout these years, I've been planning about my life with you. And I never expected that this day would come so quickly!" He plops his part of the Mac and cheese on his plate.

In your dreams.

"You were a beauty. And since then, I made paintings of you continuously." He rambles. "But I needed a painting of you where your front is properly seen so I can view that lovely face of yours."

Disgusting.

"So, I called you up for this collaboration." He clenches his fist. "And suddenly, we're getting married."

I did not consent.

You remained in your seat. Slowly munching into your food and listening to every bit of his words.

"We could've gotten married sooner, only if that stupid boyfriend of yours isn't there. Anyhow, he's gone now, so he's not a problem anymore." He pokes a piece of macaroni and puts it in his mouth.

You let out a whimper.

Suddenly, a tear fell from your eyes.

You opened your mouth to scream and throw insults but you felt a painful shock course through your body which prevents you from doing so.

"Now, the current problem is your lack of cooperation." He gave you his lidded gaze.

Oh right, you remembered he installed something around your neck this morning. So, this is what it does, huh?

He remains silent for a few seconds before he opens his stupid mouth again. "Though, I guess the shock collar would help remedy this problem."

You sat down in your seat like before with a slight tint of embarrassment on your face. You remained silent.

The artist sighed, "Now since the date of our wedding is getting closer, I'm thinking about doing something with you..."

Oh no.

"Remember when I told you about another painting that I would like to work on with you?" He raises his eyebrows.

Oh, thank God.

"I believe this would be our third collaboration. This would be a special art piece since this will be done before the wedding. I'm not sure if this will be our last though." He murmurs the last part of his sentence.

"Come on now, let's start working on this artwork." He stands up from his chair after cleaning up his plate. You didn't realize that he was already done.

"Let's go!" He orders. And you? You barely ate the Mac and cheese on your plate. You were too busy engulfing in your thoughts and listening to what he was saying to even focus on your meal.

"I'm not yet done–"

"Then finish it now."

Well, at least he has a bit of patience within him.