11: QUESTIONS

CHAPTER 11: QUESTIONS

There you sat beside Lois with Calvin eating across both of you. The three of you slowly munch on your food, the atmosphere slowly getting tense. Earlier, Lois somewhat gave you a silent treatment. He didn't bother to talk to you or answer your queries.

You also noticed that Lois seems to be glaring at Calvin all throughout dinner, with Calvin just ignoring him and occasionally sending him leers every now and then. You breathed out, "So!" You gathered up the courage to speak.

"Mr. Doris, do you have any other works you plan to create?" You tried to pick up a conversation, and luckily, it worked, judging from Lois finally going back to his docile nature.

"Ah," The painter stopped chewing. Wiping his lips with a tissue, he vocalized, "I'm planning on another artwork...and you will be in it." He took a sip of his glass filled with red wine.

"I see," you replied. Lois silently munches on his food, listening carefully to the conversation. "Though, I'm still finalizing the setting of it." The painter continues. "I would like the painting to be centered on you, somewhat like an artwork dedicated to you."

Your boyfriend's eyebrows furrowed, his munching coming to a halt. "I'm currently struggling with conceptualizing the idea of the painting. Let's just say, I don't know that much about you. Thus, this dinner is done to understand you better." Calvin locks eyes with yours.

And suddenly, the dinner turned into a whole Question-and-answer session.

"What's your favorite animal?"

"What color do you like?"

"What's your favorite season?"

"Do you have any fears?"

"What objects best represent you?"

"Who's your favorite artist?"

"Do have any love interests besides the man beside you?"

"Do you live with any family members?"

"Where is your family?"

"Hey," Lois butted in, cutting Calvin off from saying more unsettling and odd questions. "That's enough." your boyfriend's face slightly turns red.

Calvin boldly rolls his eyes. "Simmer down, boy," he muttered. "I'm just asking some questions and gathering (Y/N)'s answers, which are to be used for the conceptualization of my artwork. Is it wrong to ask?" He sneered.

Lois refused to sit down. He remained standing, looking down at the painter. "Your questions are going too far. How does the question about "love interests besides the man beside you" play a role in the development of your painting?" He does have a point. You too were actually finding Calvin's questions concerning.

Calvin let out a big sigh and then chuckled. "That's just for the setting of the painting. Like, what kind of environment will I be placing (Y/N) in. I'm also seeing if there would be other people in the painting, you know?" The painter scowled at your boyfriend.

"Are you assuming that my girlfriend has another man besides me?" Lois glances towards you then scowls back at the painter. "Hm," Calvin hums, placing his elbow on the table and rubbing his chin with his knuckles. "Who knows?" He gave him a lopsided grin and makes sure to send a wink towards your way, which is, of course, noticed by Lois.

You let out a small gasp. You have never been in such a relationship with this painter. Why is he telling lies and trying to provoke Lois?

The argument escalated quickly. The smirk on Calvin's face immediately turned to a scowl, similar to Lois, when your boyfriend jumps across and tackles the painter to the ground. The table and food are messed up.

Fight, Flight, or freeze. Your mind chose to freeze. You have never witnessed your boyfriend portraying great anger towards someone, even see him beating the living shit out of another person.

Punches were thrown at one another. Their hands were painted with the blood of their own and the blood of their opponent. "Where are the m-maids?" You stuttered to yourself, frantically shaking your head in every direction trying to find a single person to help stop the fight.

You spotted a red-colored-haired woman. You and her made eye contact for a second before she scurried away. "H-hey! Wait!" You yelled out, running towards the woman wearing a maid outfit. You could hear your heartbeats faster as the two men continually throw punches and insults at one another.

"Please help them!!" You finally grab hold of the girl. She looked younger than you by two years. You could see her saliva bobbing down her neck. She gulps before bowing, "I apologize mistress! However, I can't help you with that." Her hands were shaking.

"That goes against the rules. I'm sorry!" She places her hands on one another and bows down once again, running away. "No-wait-Please!" You tried to get your words out but the woman was already out of your sight.

Well, shit.

You walked back towards the dining room. You began to notice how childish the fight is turning out to be.

"Get off me, Low-Is!" Calvin sniggered as he tried on a British accent as he pronounces your boyfriend's name.

Lois punches the cockiness off Calvin's face. "Your first name is literally named after a fucking underwear, you piece of shit!" Your boyfriend growled.

Now, how do I deal with this? You thought, bringing your fingers to your forehead. You decided to follow the actions of those characters from movies you watched. Hopefully, it can help.

"Hey!" You shouted and clapped your hands together trying to get their attention. Unfortunately, the two males continued their fight. You let out a small cry.

You decided to butt in the fight. You moved towards Lois who is on the floor and pinched his ear. "Ow!" He wailed. Before the painter could throw another punch on his face, you used your strength to pull him away, accidentally letting Calvin punch your boyfriend's testicle.

Your mouth fell agape. "Oh no." You voiced out while your boyfriend thrashed around, "That hurts you dipshit!" And suddenly, he's out of your hold.