the university of eldia

Start from the beginning

You frowned, looking out the window again and thinking about your classes for the day. You had two today, one tomorrow, and then it was the weekend. It was way too early to worry about Monday's classes so you decided to put off freaking out until the night before.

That's when you heard a voice next to you, "I like your necklace."

You turned your head to the side, seeing the girl with the sage headphones looking at you. Her headset was now off her ears and dangling around her neck, you could faintly hear a Lana Del Rey song playing from the speakers.

You looked down at the dainty necklace around your neck, a gold and small butterfly linked to it as a charm. Your eyes met with hers, "Thanks." That's when you caught site of the Vivienne Westwood necklace around her neck. "I love yours. I've been wanting one of those for so long."

She cracked a grin, it was a pretty one, something quite captivating, "You like Westwood, huh?"

You nodded, "Yeah, for like . . .  ever. I keep thinking it's not worth it but I don't know."

"Oh believe me, when I got it, there was a bit of a dent in my bank account," she assured. "But I worked my ass off and it was worth it."

You offered a soft smile and introduced yourself, "I'm Y/n."

"Hitch," she held out her hand which you shook.

"I love your outfit," you beckoned towards her clothes that you happened to be inspecting earlier. Perhaps you gravitated towards her because of her sense of style.

"Thanks," she grinned. "I love yours, too. That's why I sat next to you."

You let out a chuckle, "Really?"

She nodded, "Mhm, what campus are you headed to?"

"Maria. You?"

"Sina."

The bus came to another halt, and you realized it was where you needed to get off. "Oh, this is my stop," you grabbed your bag and stood up. "It was nice talking to you."

You moved past her to get off, not turning back to even see if she responded.

After getting off the bus, you looked at your phone to figure your way around. Okay, so the math building across from the Maria Student center, second floor, hall 34.

While passing the student center, you noticed students were finally beginning to get to their first classes as well. There were some sitting in the student center, on their laptops typing away from what you could tell by the brief glimpse through the windows.

You found the math building and made your way to the second floor, walking down to the end of that corridor to the lecture hall that your stats class would be in.

Why did I have to take a math class so early in the morning?

Finally, you walked in with ten minutes to spare. You moved towards the back of the hall, finding a seat by one of the corners. As you were settling in, a voice spoke beside you, "Is it okay if I sit here?"

You looked up, seeing a pretty blonde girl with blue eyes. Her light hair was neatly styled, and she was nicely dressed, you could tell she came from money with the designer pieces she was in. You almost hadn't noticed how tiny she was even when she was standing, and you were seated.

"Uh, yeah, sure," you pulled your bag towards your feet so it wouldn't be in her way.

"Thanks," she grinned.

Her smile . . . it was kind.

You pursed your lips in a way to wordlessly let her know it was no big deal. You were still exhausted after that several hour drive all the way from Stohess. Eyes were struggling to stay open, yet still your makeup had managed to pull your sleepless state into a look of liveliness.