Chapter 18- Blind

Chapter 18 - Blind

"Alright, that's enough."

Rin and Obito paused to look over at their sensei with confused looks. Kakashi, who was standing next to the blonde, did the same.

"... Sensei?" Rin called out, still in her defensive stance. Her eyes darted between Minato and Obito. "... Er, did I do something wrong...?"

Minato shook his head and motioned for the two to walk over. "No, you were both doing well. It isn't necessary to continue the spar, and I have something to announce."

The Uchiha and brunette shared a look before shrugging, signaling the end of the spar with the seal of reconciliation for formality's sake. They walked over to where their teammate and sensei stood, the latter lacking the usual cheer he usually had.

Kakashi's brow furrowed as he looked up at the blonde. "Why'd you stop them, Minato-sensei? What do you have to announce?"

Rin chuckled. "This is... What, the third or fourth time already? I think we're all getting used to it now, with all of the announcements, sensei."

Obito had to agree. He had long since stopped worrying over these "announcements," what with the frequency of them lately. Besides, the war had already started, and he was fairly certain that the Kannabi Bridge mission wasn't going to be happening for a while-if it even happened for them, that is.

"Well," the blonde began, eyeing each of his students. "We've been spending the last handful of weeks training. I'm releasing you guys early so you guys can go home and prepare, because tomorrow, we're going to be taking on our first C-Rank in a while."

'... Never mind,' Obito thought with some veiled irritation. A C-Rank... No, there was no way it was the Kannabi Bridge Mission. It had only been a handful of weeks since the announcement of the war, and Obito was fairly certain that last time it had been more like a couple months. Not to mention, Kakashi was not yet a Jōnin-even if that wasn't particularly the most trustworthy factor to determine it.

"What's the mission?" He was still worried that, somehow, it was the Kannabi bridge mission, and that he had somehow sped up the timeline of the war. He had yet to complete his Senju cell treatment, and though he could probably rush the last portion to be prepared for the next day... If it didn't work, then he wouldn't be able to handle Madara and the man's veritable army of Zetsu clones. Especially with Kaguya's annoying emissary hovering around the man, too.

Minato turned to the Uchiha. "It's a delivery mission to an outpost bordering Yu no Kuni and Shimo no Kuni. The rations there have been dwindling and we need to replenish their stores."

"Hmm... So, we should pack for cold weather," Rin commented, tapping her chin. "What time are we meeting at the gate?"

"We'll be meeting at o-five-hundred hours, and we'll depart shortly thereafter."

Inwardly, Obito gave a sigh of relief. Not the Kannabi Bridge mission... But he knew for a fact that, last time, they hadn't gone on this mission, either. That meant that he had no foresight (hindsight?) to rely on regarding it. And considering how close they were to Kumo, chances of things going sour were actually rather high. He had to finish the Senju cell treatment, tonight.

"Anyway, I'll see you guys tomorrow. Come prepared." With those final words and a parting nod, the blonde disappeared in a blur.