Chapter 10

"Okay, so who's first?" Laxus, now hosting the mind and emotions of Mirajane, asked, his wide eyes searching the assembly expectedly.

"Do you even know where you're going to take us?" Natsu asked, annoyed.

"Trust me, I've planned for everything," Laxus answered vaguely, "and thanks for volunteering."

"Wait, what?"

"Don't worry Lucy I've got this all under control," Laxus drummed his fingers on the countertop , "Natsu, if you would-"

"What are you doing?" Natsu abruptly asked Lucy, who was standing in front of a mirror, running her hands over her curves and examining her features, namely her large supple breasts and butt.

"Don't start feeling me up!" Natsu shouted, causing Lucy to whip around with a gasp and face him.

"I'm just curious Luce," Lucy replied, "they're bigger in person."

He cupped Lucy's breasts in her hands.

"Aww," Laxus smiled, amusedly, "its kinda cute in a perverted way. I can feel the sexual tension."

"We do not have that!" Natsu snapped.

"You know, I think Mirajane's right," Gajeel noted, resting a his chin in his hand, "even I can feel it, all the way over here."

"Don't encourage it!"

"Anyway, back to business; Operation Nastu and Lucy, first date!" Laxus exclaimed.

Natsu and Lucy both took a moment to think about that.

Natsu murmured a slight curse to himself, "Alright whatever, I just want to know where we're going."

"That, my friend, is a very good question," Laxus replied, twirling a small shock of blonde hair in his fingers, "I'm thinking a nice, romantic dinner, no picnic, yes, a picnic! And what better time than now while the sun is still out and the flowers are in full bloom? It will be perfect!"

He giggled excitedly and raced off to the back room, coming back after several moments  with a basket in hand.

"Here, take this," he handed the basket to Lucy, who still wore a confused expression.

"Go to the park," Laxus ordered, "sit under the cherry blossom tree and just eat and talk. Simple enough, I think. Don't think on skipping out, because not only is this the only way to get your bodies back, but I've got eyes everywhere making sure this date goes perfectly."

"Okay," Lucy sighed. Reluctantly she offered Nastu her arm, "shall we go then?"

"Alright," Natsu took her arm, his face blossoming a light pink.

The pair hesitantly proceeded to march out the guild, arm-in-arm.

"You two had better be returned to normal by the time you get back!" Laxus called after them, as they walked out the door with a long exasperated sigh.

........................

"So I guess this is the spot," Natsu noted as he and Lucy approached the large cherry blossom tree that cast an enormous shadow,  good for protecting them from the immense afternoon sunlight.

"Yep," Lucy nodded, opening their basket and pulling out a quilt, laying it over the stretch of green grass.

She proceeded to put a rock on each of the four corners to keep the blanket in place.

Natsu sat on the blanket, folding his legs to the side and emptying out the contents of the basket.

Strawberries covered in chocolate and sandwiches, both of which looked incredibly delicious.

Lucy sat down beside Natsu after completing his work.

"So what do we do now?" Natsu wondered, clenching the ends of his vest in his lap.

"I guess we do what Mira says, talk and eat," Lucy answered, picking up a sandwich and gobbling it down in only a matter of seconds.

"So, it's a little weird being stuck in each other's bodies," Natsu started, wringing his hands together uncomfortably.

"Yeah," Lucy agreed, after swallowing a massive bite and setting the sandwich down, "what do you suppose we do?"

"Well you saw what the spell said," Natsu responded, "I guess we have to..."

"Yeah," Lucy looked away, blushing.

"I guess it's easier now, knowing how we feel about each other," Natsu continued, pinching a small tress of pink hair in his fingers.

"No more wondering," Lucy added, sighing.

"It's kind of strange if you think about it," Natsu laughed a little, "skipping the part about having to repeatedly ask yourself if the person you love really loves you back. You just know."

"I guess so," said Lucy, tracing circles with her finger along the quilt, "so how do we.."

"I know," Natsu folded his hands together, "look, Natsu. I know you already know this and it's a little strange, considering I'm saying this to myself, but..."

He hesitated for a moment before continuing, hugging his arms.

"I... I love you. You're goofy and funny and loving and protective and I love all of that. I love you, Natsu," she put a hand on Lucy's shoulder, "and I can't believe it took so long and we had to switch bodies for me to get the backbone to say that, but I did. I love you."

"I love you too Luce," Lucy smiled, "you're kind and strong and beautiful and the only person I could ever be with. You're the one I love."

And then it happened. There was no sudden flash of light or a big spark that blew up, but right as Natsu spoke that last word, they returned to their normal bodies.

"I guess it worked," Lucy smiled, the real Lucy this time.

"And I guess it won't be weird to do this now," Natsu whispered, cupping his hands over Lucy's cheeks and pulling her close to him, touching his lips to hers, kissing her.

Lucy's eyes widened at first, but then fluttered closed as she fell quickly into the kiss.

Both pulled back after a few seconds.

"That was nice," Lucy whispered in their shared breath.

"Finally," Natsu exhaled, "Ive been waiting a long time for that."

Lucy smiled, "Do you want some strawberries?"

"I doubt they'll be as sweet as that was."

"Oh, I bet they will," she pulled back a little and grabbed one of the chocolate covered strawberries, holding it up to Natsu's lips for him to sink his teeth into.

He finished chewing it and smiled, "It wasn't."

Lucy laughed.