Chapter 5

"Okay, now is the moment," Mirajane rubbed her hands together, in pure excitement, "they're all here."

She ran her finger over the page with the spell.

"Ok, it says that the switch will only occur if the romantic feelings one has is mutual with another," she said, scanning her eyes over the page, "and it can only be reversed if the caster's victims admit their romantic interests."

She giggled, "This is going to be great," she moved her eyes around the hall, locating the couples, "poor unsuspecting little wizards. Oh well, this is going to be wonderful!"

.......................

"So shrimp," Gajeel started, "what are you reading?"

He placed his hands on her chair and rested his chin on her head, eyeing the book she was reading.

"It's just a novel," she answered, setting down her book, "why so interested?"

"Just wondering if it's engrossing enough to make you shut out the rest of the world," Gajeel replied, "I mean seriously shortie, this place is chaos and you still have enough focus to read a book?"

"I've learned to live with it," Levy shrugged, "I've been in the guild since I was a kid, the noise is actually kind of soothing. Without all the noise and chaos it just wouldn't be home."

"Well I guess not," Gajeel collapsed over into the chair beside Levy.

"Are you bored Gajeel?" Levy asked suspiciously.

"Is it that obvious?"

"Well if you're bored you should go on a job," Levy suggested, "I'm sure Lily would go with you."

"When I checked the board all the jobs were missing for some reason," Gajeel replied, resting his head in his hand, "oh well. I can just hang out here with you."

"I doubt I can provide you much entertainment," Levy said, picking up her book, "unless you want to watch me read." She put her eyes back on the page.

"Nah," he said, but then snatched the book from her hands, "but I'll watch you try to read."

He held the book high up in the air.

"Gajeel," Levy whined, "come on!"

"This is much more fun," Gajeel grinned.

"You have a sick way of entertaining yourself," Levy complained, "give it back." she got up on her knees on the chair and stretched her hand out far, desperately reaching for it.

"Come on shrimp, I'm bored," Gajeel laughed, "keep reaching you'll get there."

"You just love making fun of my height, don't you?" Levy plopped back in her seat frustratedly.

"Your like a little kitten reaching for its toy," Gajeel laughed.

"Please give it back." Levy implored, letting her lip quiver a little.

"Fine, here you go shortie." he handed her the book and ruffled her hair.

"Thank you," she took the book and went back to reading.

"You know what," Gajeel said, "looks like Salamander and Ice Princess are back, I'll go pick a fight with them."

"Don't get too destructive," Levy told him, still keeping her eyes on the book.

"I don't think that would make their girlfriends happy." he replied.

"What do you mean, girlfriends?" Levy looked up from her book  quizzically.

"You know, girlfriends, Lucy and Juvia," Gajeel answered simply, as though it were obvious.

"Those guys aren't dating," Levy corrected.

"Sure seems like it," Gajeel said, "don't tell me I'm the only one that thinks so."

"Hmm, I suppose you're right," Levi tapped her chin, "mean it's pretty obvious they like each other."

"See," Gajeel nodded, getting up and leaving.

"He didn't think he noticed things like that," Levy continued, "oh well. I'm pretty sure we all noticed. I think it's pretty cute."

She looked at Gajeel, somewhat longing gleaming in her eyes.

'Cute, yes...just like Gaj-nevermind...'