Chapter 1

"Can't we give it a rest Gajeel?" Levy panted, kneeling on the ground, trying to recover from the last blow Gajeel delivered.

"Come on, shrimp. It's called training," Gajeel replied, regaining his posture, "we don't even have a clear winner yet."

Levy sighed and raked her hands over the wet morning dew of the grass, feeling relief in her sore hands.

"I'll give you a chance to get back up before I resume the fight," Gajeel spoke, folding his arms.

Levy huffed, scraping loose strands of blue hair out of her eyes, "Alright," she hoisted herself off the ground hesitantly.

No sooner had she stood her ground again, did Gajeel bolt toward her with lightning speed.

She only had time to shriek and give a short plea before he reached her.

He quickly swept up behind her and wrapped his muscular arms tightly around her petite frame, locking poor, dazed Levy against his torso. His broad chest pressed into her back as he breathed heavily.

"Now then shrimp, what would be your move at this point?" Gajeel asked, resting his chin atop her head.

"Well now, I think I'll just wait for you to let go," Levy retorted sarcastically.

"If I was a stranger-the enemy," Gajeel spoke quietly, Levy could feel the deep waves of his voice rumbling through his throat, "what would you do?"

"Well, I'd probably hit them with my solid script," she answered simply.

"Then do it."

"What? No!" Levy quipped, squirming slightly. "I don't want to hurt you, Gajeel."

"But I'm not Gajeel, I'm the villian," the iron dragon clicked his tongue, "and I could very well hurt you, take advantage of you, or use you as a hostage."

"No you wouldn't Gajeel, this isn't-"

"Act as if I am," Gajeel ordered her, "don't worry about harming me. I can handle whatever you hit me with, I don't know if you noticed, but I happen pretty strong."

"I know you are but-"

"Just do it." Gajeel commanded, his tone had grown harsher.

"Fine," Levy hesitated, inhaling sharply. She closed her eyes and opened her palms. "Solid Script Water!"

A liquid formation of the word 'water' materialized just above her head, and just before her captor's iron-studded face.

The formation, as if guided by a fast gust of wind, flew into Gajeel's face, causing him to reel back, releasing his hold on Levy. A small, victorious smile fell on her lips and she wrenched away from his hold, sprinting forward until she reached a safe distance.

"Water, huh?" The Iron Dragon Slayer clipped, spitting water out of his mouth.

"Sorry, Gajeel, it was the only thing I could think of," Levy said, giggling.

"Not too bad," Gajeel said, flicking water out of his eyes, "though you could've hit me with a solid script rock or something."

"I already said, Gajeel, I don't want to hurt you," Levy quipped, folding her arms over her small chest.

Gajeel strolled over to where they kept their items, picking up a towel. He patted his face, drying himself up. Thick tresses of his long black mane stuck to his forehead, though, which Levy couldn't help but take note of.

"I think we're done with training for the day."

"Thanks, Gajeel." Levy sighed, relieved. She over to bounded  where Gajeel knelt and grabbed a water bottle, and plopped down on the grass, gulping down the fresh liquid. "So did I do well today?"