Shinobu x Non-binary reader

Requested by @UMBRXLLA_MOONZ haha fellow Non-binary 😻 anyways guys I... I THINK I HAVE A CRUSH ON MY FRIEND DNSJSJJSJS 😭Also I realize I do make a lot of announcements on my conversation page so I'm sorry if it gets annoying I just like using my page to talk to you guys, I like to think of y'all as friends / family :)

Cw: Cussing

Y/n L/n was a helper at the butterfly mansion and quite frankly they had a huge crush on Shinobu Kocho, the Insect Hashira. It was silly of them considering Shinobu is a Hashira and a Senior to Y/n in the ranks. Despite not being a Demon Slayer Y/n was helpful working to save people's lives. Shinobu had saved their life and now they worked to save others and heal the wounded. Y/n may have gained the crush all from Shinobu saving their life, Shinobu was their idol, their hero, and in some cases, their goddess. 

They felt as if they could be a great enough healer they would finally feel the appreciation and love from Shinobu, they needed to feel wanted, like a plant needed the sun, they simply could not survive. 

Knowing they could never have such feelings reciprocated from the Insect Hashira they wrote in a small diary. Each page was either doodles of Shinobu or their undying love. It seemed creepy but to Y/n it was the only way they could express how they truly felt. They were okay with that. Totally.

It was another day at the butterfly mansion as Y/n was patching up a kid apparently named Tanjiro Kamado. He sniffed the Air randomly startling the nurse. 

"Are you in love? You give off the scent of romance and a hint of sadness."

What. Since when could some teenage boy smell emotions? How the actual hell did that work. It confused Y/n too much.

"I don't know what the hell you're talking about"

"But I can smell it"

"So what if I am?"

"Who is it?"

"Not. Telling."

"I won't tell them I promise"

"It's... Shinobu..."

"The Insect Hashira?"

"Yes the Insect Hashira you idiot. Anyways you're free to go now get the fuck out."

Tanjiro got up and left the room as Y/n put up the bandages before scurrying to write in their journal again. It was decorated with random butterfly doodles, as a help in the butterfly mansion they had gotten a butterfly pin as well. It was (your two favorite colors.) It suited Y/n well as many others said. (if you can't fit the pin as like a pony tail or bun you can do it as a clip on like a hair clip or whatever) 

Instead of writing and doodling about Shinobu as per usual Y/n wrote about the Kamado kid and how he was able to smell emotions or some crap. He was too kind for Y/n's taste but Shinobu was nice, then again, they really only loved Shinobu. They were... Lets say... "Obsessed" and clearly that's not what they thought themselves. 

But soon enough they started writing about Shinobu, yet again. They were definitely going to burn this journal after it was finished. No one could ever see this. Especially Shinobu. If she found out who knew what would happen.... And Y/n was not willing to find out. 

They returned to working around the mansion after their daily journal writing. Sweeping, cooking, healing, etc. They quietly hummed to themselves as they cleaned. It was nice and peaceful which made Y/n content as ever. They felt hungry so they made themselves a quick snack until Sumi, Kiyo, And Naho appeared asking if Y/n could make them food as well, how could Y/n say no? 

-after cooking- 

"This was so good!" Kiyo said.  

"Mhm! Yummy!" Naho agreed.

"Very good!" Sumi commented.

The triplets compliments made Y/n feel special as they smiled genuinely at the three accepting their compliments. Quickly they washed the dishes used to make the snacks and continued cleaning. Soon enough, they were done cleaning and decided to go back to their room. They thought they would at least until they were quickly called to help out a wounded slayer. Being a butterfly helper was exhausting but it was better then being dead to say the least or even worse. A demon. 

Y/n didn't mind doing so much cleaning cooking as they used to take care of their sick mom until their mom was slaughtered by a demon, and that was where they got saved by Shinobu, the day was traumatizing but beautiful only because the Insect Hashira was there. She was their mind 24/7. They were beyond love sick at this point. 

It took some hours to help with the slayer as it was a messy injury and a quite rowdy slayer as well. They said they were fine despite being endlessly bleeding, they honest to god pissed Y/n off. Causing the helper to be glad when they were finally gone.

As they went to their room they were gonna write in their journal once back, only to find it gone. Shit. Where could it be? They started panicking as their breathing picked up and their forehead started to sweat nervously. 

"Oh my, you're drawings of me are very good Y/n"

Y/n froze recognizing the voice to be Shinobu's. Well shit. Shinobu found out. What was she going to do them? Were they going to Get kicked out? Killed? Left to fend on their own? Y/n couldn't respond as they turned their head to look at Shinobu as she just smiled calmly. Y/n didn't know if she was disgusted or not so they didn't say anything. 

"It seems you have a thing for me? Hm?" 

Y/n felt their eyes widen and their heart pounded even more, what were they going to do?

"It's quite rude to ignore a question, right?"

"... Yes Ms Shinobu..."

"Answer the question then."

"I do. I have feelings for you." Y/n was so embarrassed as they clutched their fists and hung their head down waiting for a response.

"I was waiting for a confession, I like you too Y/n."

Did they hear that right?!? She- she liked them back? The relief had them struck hard. Before they could say anything Shinobu came and kissed their cheek. 

"I would like to be your girlfriend if you wanted."

"Yeah... Yeah I would."

One shot done. I feel like my one shot quality has been getting more worse these past few one shots tbh....