"Fine."

Luke and Miley started talking. Jaylee couldn't hear a word they said, because Luke's back was facing her, and it sucked. After five minutes, he finally finished, and they walked into the school. He tried to wrap his arm around her, but Jaylee shrugged it off. 

Luke let out a sigh. "Seriously, what's your problem?" 

"Nothing." She glanced at him, her eyes narrowing. "Why would there be anything wrong?" 

Luke leaned against the locker beside hers and watched her. Something was definitely wrong. She distanced herself from him, her whole posture looked stiff, and her eyes held a lot of anger, but beneath all the anger, he saw hurt. She was hurt, and he didn't know why. 

"Okay, sorry I asked." He mumbled, and he walked to English. Jaylee followed behind him, and she didn't bother to walk beside him. She was tired of feeling like the help. She might have broken people's hearts, but nobody deserved to be used. 

Their English class that day was actually kind of nice. They continued the lesson on Shakespeare, and Luke was beside her, fast asleep. She couldn't understand why anyone would want to sleep during Shakespeare. It was actually a good lesson with a lot of amazing stories. She absolutely loved Romeo and Juliet. In a way, Luke and her were like them. They were both confused, damaged teenagers who were just trying to find someone to care. 

The bell rang, and Jaylee headed to her next two classes. They were extremely boring, but they made for a grade A nap. She couldn't really say they were both boring. In her French class, Madame Robertson made the class crepes with nutella and strawberries. Jaylee's mouth was watering from how delicious they were. After all, nutella and strawberries was the best combination know to man. 

The only thing that made her want to throw up was Luke's endless flirting with Miley, and whatever whore-y stuff Miley was doing to get his attention. Jaylee noticed how Miley kept touching his hands, and her eyes were glimmering with lust. Just the mere sight of it made Jaylee want to rip Miley's head off. Luke kept glancing at Jaylee, and she noticed. Luke was still worried about her. A part of him wanted to shove Miley away, wrapped Jaylee in his arms, and assure her everything would be okay, but the other part of him, the part that wanted to destroy her, held back. He definitely didn't have to worry about her. She would stay far away from him as long as Miley was around. She still wasn't falling for him.. at least she hoped she wasn't.

Jaylee walked to her locker alone at the end of the day, and one of her best friends met her there. Jaylee knew she must have come back from vacation in the Bahamas. Her skin was tanned, and her golden hair shined even more than usual. 

"Jaylee!" Adele shouted, and Jaylee swore her ears shattered, even though she was halfway down the hall. 

"Adele!" She shouted back, but nothing could compare to Adele's scream. She could wake up hyenas all the way on the east coast if she really tried. Adele ran to Jaylee and hugged her. Adele was the only one there for Jaylee when Miley ditched her. Jaylee's other best friend, which was a guy-- also Adele's older brother-- walked up behind. 

"Hey, Jaylee." Ryan chuckled as he gave her a hug. As she hugged Ryan, a devious idea popped into her mind. What if Ryan could make Luke jealous? She knew that was Luke's intentions when he flirted with Miley, and they were playing a game, so why not play back for once? She knew Luke wanted to make her vulnerable, but the one thing Luke forgot was Jaylee never gave in, and she never backed down from a good game. 

"I missed you guys so much!" Jaylee exclaimed, and the siblings flashed her a smile. Jaylee grabbed what she needed out of her locker, and the three walked out of the school. 

"Since we have been gone for so long, I was thinking maybe you would want to go out to lunch with us?" Ryan asked, and Jaylee nodded, smiling. She could definitely use a good lunch, especially without Luke for once. They walked to Ryan's car, and Jaylee sat in the back while Adele sat in the front with Ryan. They went to Pizza Hut, and the food was so good. Jaylee swore she could live on pizza. She could marry pizza. 

Pizza could never hurt her or break her heart. 

Just when she thought everything was going great and nothing bad could happen, someone walked through the doors. Speak of the devil. Luke saw Jaylee, and she glared at him. He looked completely confused, so Jaylee sent him a text. 

Jaylee: Don't come over here. 

Luke grabbed his phone out of his pocket and looked at it. Five seconds later, Jaylee's phone vibrated. 

Luke: Wouldn't dream of it. I hate Ryan and his dumb ass sister. 

Jaylee glanced at him to see he was staring, and she shot him a death glare. He held his hands up in surrender before walking to a table with some other guys. Jaylee continued to eat her food, and when they were done, Ryan paid. 

"Thanks for lunch, Ryan. I had a great time." Ryan shot her a smile, and Jaylee pulled him in for a long hug. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see Luke staring at them. Anger morphed on his face, and he walked away. He wanted to rip Jaylee out of Ryan's arms, and take her with him. Luke knew how Ryan really was, and he wanted to protect Jaylee from him, but he knew she would be raged with him if he did, so he walked away instead. He walked away from his girl, and he hated himself for it. Jaylee, on the other hand, smirked as he walked away. This game was getting more interesting by the minute. She watched him walk away until he disappeared. 

Mission accomplished. 

************************************