(Don't) Leave Me Alone!

Start from the beginning

Wally quickly cut him off and apologized instead, they were the ones not paying attention.

Dick, however, maintained his glare, and Wally practically had to pull him by the arm out to the parking lot and shove him in the car.

Wally sighed when he settled into the driver's side and slammed the door behind him.

He gave a pointed stare at Dick before starting the car and pulling out of the parking lot.

It was a few minutes into the ride before Wally said anything, his tone low and cautious.

"Dick... I know this is hell right now but you don't need to take it out on others who had nothing to do with it."

That was the wrong thing to say, however well-intentioned it was.

Dick stiffened in his seat but didn't say a word.

"You know, the doctor mentioned therapy. I think it might help you—"

"No!"

That single word was the only one he had spoken in two days and it was absolutely dripping with venom, anger lacing it.

Wally started and glanced at him before returning his attention to the road.

Dick's face was starting to turn red, his emotions were coming back all at once and none of them were good, yet all wanted to take control all at once.

And to be honest, Wally wasn't in the greatest mood either.

He was frustrated, irritated with himself, and felt hopeless. Add to the fact that Dick was refusing any help and being rude to complete strangers— his own temper was starting to come to a head.

"Dick, I'm just trying to help—"

There was that word again. Help.

He. Didn't. Want. It.

Dick bit his lip and slammed his fist onto the armrest, his other fist making his fingers dig into his palm.

"Damnit, I don't WANT YOUR HELP! You didn't want to help me before when I did want it, well I don't now so just leave me be! Haven't I made that clear enough to you?!"

Dick's shout caused Wally to swerve in traffic due to being startled.

Not another word was said and Dick turned his gaze out the window, missing the look on Wally's face.

A look of anger.

Only moments later they pulled into Wally's drive way.

Wally undid his seatbelt first and before Dick had even moved, he turned his face toward him, catching his eye one last time. His facial expression was tense, but not one emotion was more prevalent. Nonetheless, the words he uttered to Dick were icy.

"Crystal clear."

Without another word Wally exited the car and went to get Brucely to take him out.

Dick sat in the car blinking for a moment and waited until Wally had got the dog out before heading inside and straight to his room.

He closed the door and locked it (they had an extra key) and sat heavily on his bed, staring down at his healing wrist.

Well... he finally got him to understand.

That was good... so why did he feel so...

He didn't need or... want any...

He choked on air, his breaths getting quicker as tears started to fall.

He shook his head roughly and laid on his side, back to the door and pulled a pillow up to his face, trying to mask the choking sounds coming from his throat.