chapter 3

leomie pov

i couldn't sleep. i stared at the ceiling for hours. i never realized that hearing my parents argue for hours on end at night helped me sleep. my house is to quite. i don't feel safe. i need someone here. what's not helping is that it's storming outside. thunder and lightning are my biggest fears. no matter how mad my parents were at me they would be by my side during storms. i don't wanna be alone. memories filling my head. tears running down my face. a flash of lightning lit up the room. i hide under my blanket crying with my knees to my chest. i feel so weak. i need someone here with me. my phone screen lit up. it was a message from ryan. ' you up?'. i couldn't answer. i couldn't move. i was breathing heavy trying to catch my breath but it was running away. i couldn't handle it anymore. i jumped out of bed running out of my room down the stairs. i put my shoes on and picked up my keys and quickly ran out the door. i ran in the pouring rain to the boys house. trying to ignore the thunder and catching my breath. tears still flowing down my face as i run up to their door. i knock on the door hoping that ryan is still awake. " please open the door." i weakly whispered. i kept on knocking hoping someone would answer.

ryan pov

i had finished steaming and it was around 2am. i was about to sleep but before i decided to next leomie. i sent a simple ' you up?'. i stared at my phone waiting for her to respond or even read it. i just waited and wondered why i was waiting. i was pulled out of my thoughts when i heard knocking at the door. i walked out of my room and down the stairs with my phone in my had. i heard small sniffing and crys when i walked near the door. " who's there?" i said before opening the door. i heard a very small.   " leomie." then more cry's. i opened the door to see leomie looking down. she was soaked from the rain. " leomie what are you doing here, w- what happened?" i asked her. " i cant do it." she said looking up at me. her eyes full with tears looking like glass. hair messy and wet. clothes wet and slightly clinging to her body. " what can't you do." i asked her bending down a little to look into her eyes. " i just cant." she said then hugging me. i was shocked that she hugged me but i hugged her back. " hey let's go inside your gonna catch a cold." i told her. she nodded her head into my chest which gave me thousands of butterflies.

i let go of her and grabbed her hand to bring her inside. her hands were so small compared to mine that it was so cute. she was so sad and i don't want to say it but so weak. she needed someone and i'm so glad i answered to door. i walked with her to the kitchen. i picked her up and sat her on one of the island chairs. she was still looking down and just swiveled back and forth in the chair. i went to my room to get her a towel and some dry clothes. i grabbed her a pair of my sweatpants and a sweatshirt. i went back to the kitchen and she was silently sniffing and wiping her nose. i sighed and walked up to her. i walked up behind her and sent the clothes in front of her then used the towel to dry her hair. " leomie why are you crying?" i asked her gently drying her hair. " i- im just so scared and i cant do it." she says quietly. " cant do what?." i said. " i cant live by my self i need my parents even though we argued a lot they were still there for me." she said starting to cry more. i get why she's scared. she's only 19 and is living alone in a big house. " and i just cant handle it all im alone and i only have taters and oh my god i left taters he's probably so scared." she said getting up from the chair. i sat her back down so she could calm down. " hey it's gonna be fine and taters will be fine how about you stay here for the night?" i said. she nodded her head. " ok we'll here are some dry clothes and the bathroom is right over there." i said and pointed. she got up from the chair and gave me a hug. she snuggled her face into my chest. " thank you ryan." she said looking up at me. she had this sparkle in her eye that i could never forget.

she waddled to the bathroom with my clothes in her hands and i chuckled. 'shes so adorable.' i thought. i know by now i'm all ready catching feelings but is it to early. i heard the bathroom door open so i turned around. leomie looked so cute in my clothes. since the was quite petite the sweatshirt went to her knees and the sweatpants were pretty baggy. she looked so cute as she walked back to me. i couldn't help but blush. " let's go to the couch and watch a movie." i said. she nodded her head and we walked over to the couch. we both sat down with a blanket over us. i played a disney movie on netflix to help leomie sleep. we were about half way through the movie when leomie leaned on me and fell asleep. she wrapped her arms around my waist and her head was in my chest. i lightly played with her and continued watching the movie. when the movie was over i gently took leomie off of me and laid her back down on the couch. i but the blanket over her then walked back to my room to sleep.