eight

The starship was silent as you and Obi-Wan piloted the ship, following the tracker Obi-Wan had placed on Jango's. You were grateful that you had left your cloak in the ship to stay dry because you had found your wound bleeding. You made sure to quickly hide it away from the Jedi Master you were with using your cloak. As you flew, you could feel Obi-Wan's slight frustration toward you and the Council. You knew why he was frustrated at you, he had suspicions of your injury being worse than what you were telling him, but why the Council?

As you exited lightspeed and caught up with Jango's ship, you were almost immediately surrounded by asteroids.

"He knows we've followed him," you said, having sensed it.

A device floated out of Jango's ship. R4 beeped at the two of you.

"Seismic charges," Obi-Wan stated. "Stand by."

The ship dodged the blast before another one was launched in your direction. The maneuvers that Obi-Wan had the ship do, jostled you. You let out a small whimper.

"Are you alright, little star?" Obi-Wan asked.

"I'm fine!" You responded quickly. "Just wasn't prepared for those moves, is all."

"You're a terrible liar."

Obi-Wan led your ship through an asteroid that Jango had flown into. You let Obi-Wan to most of the piloting, having less experience in it. When you left the asteroid, Jango flew down from behind you and began firing at your ship.

"Oh, blast! This is why I hate flying!" Obi-Wan exclaimed.

"Need some help?" You asked, willing to do what was necessary.

"I've got this all under control. You just sit back there and keep pretending like your side isn't bleeding out."

"Obi, I—"

"Not now."

You sighed, sitting back as you let Obi-Wan maneuver the ship around the blasts and asteroids. Right next to R4, the ship was hit. You turned out the window to see that they had launched a targeting missile your way. Obi-Wan began dodging the asteroids, trying to lose the missile.

"Have R4 lose the spare part canisters," you suggested. "It will give the missile something to hit."

"R4, prepare to jettison the spare part canisters," Obi-Wan ordered. R4 beeped in reply. "Fire them now!"

The missile hit the spare parts, allowing Obi-Wan to hide the ship on an asteroid. Obi-Wan turned off the ship so that it would not read on Jango's sensors.

"Master," you tried to start up a conversation, "I am sorry that I lied about my side... I just didn't want you to worry."

"I always worry about you, my little star," Obi-Wan replied, just above a whisper. "I have for the last ten years and I will continue to do so. Especially now since..." Obi-Wan stopped himself.

"Since what?"

Since I've realized what the Council is creating you into without your knowledge, he thought to himself, having still felt you blocking him. He shook his head. "Nothing. It's nothing. And... you don't have to call me 'Master', not when it's just you and I." You nodded, staying silent as you slowly took down your blockers. "Well, R4, I think we've waited long enough."

R4 beeped, turning the ship back on. Obi-Wan began flying toward the planet. You groaned as you began to feel a migraine coming on. You knew it was from the Force, darkness seeping from this planet. Obi-Wan could sense that you were feeling something.

"Y/N, what's going on back there?" He asked.

"Darkness..." you breathed out. "Almost like Kamino... darkness shrouds this planet."