two

Your worries and fears had never felt stronger. You woke up gasping for breath, feeling like you were choking. As you frantically looked around, you noticed that Anakin wasn't in the room. You began to panic. You tried to call out for help but it was no use. Suddenly, Qui-Gon Jinn burst into your room. He had felt your call through the Force. He placed his hands on your shoulders as he sat down on the edge of your bed.

"Calm your mind, young one," he calmly ordered. "Your emotions are overwhelming you. Take a deep breath in." He did so himself as he guided you. "And out... close your eyes and clear your mind."

You did as he directed. You closed your eyes and focused on clearing the things that were causing you to act this way. For some reason, you could feel that Qui-Gon was helping you do that. Once you were calm and everything wasn't so heavy, you opened your eyes.

"How did you do that?" You asked.

"Do what?" Qui-Gon questioned, removing his hands from your shoulders.

"Help me like that... I could feel you... like, in my mind."

"That is called the Force, my young one. It surrounds us, connecting all living things together."

"Is that how I am able to feel so strongly?"

"Yes, it is."

"Can you... can you teach me how to control it?" Qui-Gon stayed silent, clearly thinking something over. "I heard you talking to my mom. I know that Anakin and I are special but we are too old for training. I understand if you are unable to help me... I can figure it out."

"We will figure this out, young one. You will not be left to deal with this on your own."

~~~

Qui-Gon and Jar Jar left for the podrace soon after the Jedi was finished helping you. Shmi, Anakin, Padme, R2D2, 3PO, and yourself arrived with the podracer about an hour later. When your group rolled up, Qui-Gon and Jar Jar were talking to Watto. Watto grumbled something about Qui-Gon's betting and owning him too as he left.

"What did he mean by that?" Anakin asked.

"I'll tell you later," Qui-Gon responded. He crouched down in front of you. "How are you feeling, young one?"

"Much better," you replied. "Thank you for helping me."

"Of course."

Qui-Gon straightened up and guided you to turn around and face the others. You knew that you needed to be more positive and support Ani. It would help your feelings—or help you be more in control of the Force. Besides, you had a feeling that Ani was going to win this one.

"I'm sure you'll do it this time, Ani," you said.

"Do what?" Padme questioned.

"Finish the race, of course!"

"You've never won a race?"

"Well... not exactly..." Anakin sheepishly responded.

"Not even finished?!"

"But Y/N's right, I will this time."

"Of course you will," Qui-Gon confidently said.

~~~

The podraces were usually extremely nerve-racking experiences for you. But things were different today. You felt more at peace with the situation than you had in ages. You stood in between your mother and Qui-Gon as you watched the race. Qui-Gon could feel how at peace you were and was impressed when he could feel you trying to help your mother feel the same way.