Shrugging, I looked away. "He's neat and has a nice sense of fashion?"

Karen groaned mock exasperation. "What the fuck is wrong with you? You aren't this dense Ajala! Look at those chiseled jaws," she groaned dreamingly. "They could cut through anything. OMG, did you see them move?"

Rolling my eyes and not in the mood to fawn over someone's son,  I spared him another glance nonetheless for Karen's sake. This time, our eyes caught for a second before I looked away.

If it were under normal circumstances, I would be gushing over the boy's features, planning on stalking his IG or doing whatever the simp in me wanted. But that moment, I wasn't game for any of that. The fact that it was Karen that had noticed his feature and was already gushing over him when she was in a relationship and not me, said a lot.

While my body was at Wande's record studio, my mind was somewhere else.

I'd given the gallery director a call and we'd fixed a day to meet and go over certain formalities.

Although she'd assured me that the exhibition was nothing big, but just an empowerment program for the youth slash donation event and had advised me against being the least pressured. I still felt pressured.

One, I wanted so bad to tell my parents this great news. Although it was little, I was finally doing something that I loved. Something useful. It would have been a great opportunity to show them that I could make a choice and not be a total failure.

Wande's father Tokunbo Olaleye had one of the top record labels in Africa. Alpha T records, but that didn't stop him from helping Wande set up her own record label to pave her own road. Kamauche's parents indulged him whenever he came up with one of his ideas...

But there I was, having little to no guts to share what I deemed fit good news with my parents.

Feeling myself feel more down in seconds, I shook out the emotionally draining thoughts before flashing Karen a coy smile, trying my best to wiggle my brows suggestively in a convincing manner. I was here for Wande.

"Wande has hit the jackpot with this one," I began. "He's good looking and mature. Girls will definitely eat out of his palm."

Karen grinned. "I know right?" She heaved out a defeated sigh. "Too bad I'm not single."

I ignored her statement, not bothering to correct her that what she had with Ogunlade Bademosi wasn't a relationship.

"What are you two talking about?" Kam asked, his hand toying with Azra's braids, while my annoyed best friend was slapping them off to no avail.

Karen crossed her knee high, boot clad legs together. "Men. Really sexy ones."

"Really?" He turned to glance at Az, who was now drilling holes into him as she tried to untangle the poor excuse of a braid he'd done to her hair. "Are they in this very room?"

Az snorted, same time Karen and I bursted out in fit of laughter. 

"What? Y'all don't think I'm a man?" He asked, a smile tugging at his face as Azra let out another snort. "Being a man isn't about age you know, it's about experience."

Az slapped his hands off her hair. "Let me guess, you have enough experience to make you a monk?"

With that, everyone in the room lost it, including the sound engineer working with Wande.