A Promise For Eternity

Start from the beginning

"Sssh… it's okay. Calm down, " He amiably whispered those comforting words in her ear.

Comforting someone or caring about something wasn't in his books but he himself didn't know why he was doing those things for her , about whose existence he wasn't even familiar with before a couple of weeks ago.

The rain aggressively fell on those two shipping bodies and the nature's havoc which was feeling like a curse a little while ago had now turned into a blissful feeling .

He was trying to ease her up with his tender gestures and comforting words but then he felt her becoming completely numb. She had leaned her entire weight on him. He slightly pulled back and saw her passing out in his embrace.

He delicately tapped on her soft drenched cheek to wake her up but there he noticed her body was burning. She had caught a terrible fever.

He immediately picked her up in his embrace and buried her face into his neck in order to hide it from the rain and hurriedly jogged towards his car.

He settled her carefully on the passenger seat and hooked the safety belt around her and then got on the driver seat and drove away from that place.

He was driving his car as fast as possible, even in that dangerous weather. His eyes trailed at her unconscious self and his grip on the steering wheel tightened by watching her completely ripped shirt.

He gritted his teeth in pure rage and then averted his eyes at her extremely pale face where her cheeks and nose had turned red. Her dampened hairs were sticked on her face.

His hand made its way to tug them aside but the ring of his phone halted him. He teared his eyes at his phone and saw Nathan's number flashing on it.

That day ,Arzal was in a virtual meeting with his department managers and some relevant employees, from his home. Nathan was also present in it. It was then, he had informed him in the first place that he had to leave his meeting in the middle because his sister was at her school, waiting for him to pick her up because the weather was very bad.

And she had no one except him to pick her up from her school . Arzal allowed him to go but Nathan was unable to reach her school because the highway from his workplace to her school was completely blocked due to flooding.

He tried to call her but her phone had no network signals. Then he called her school and there he got to know that Seraphina had run away from school in that weather which made him petrified.

Nathan didn't know what to do. How to reach her and save her before something bad happened to her. Nathan was begging to his fate for his sister's safety when he got a call from Arzal that whether he had picked her up or not.

In those circumstances, Nathan didn't care why his boss was calling him all of a sudden and was asking him that unprofessional question. He just wanted his little sister's safety, so he told him everything and that was where Arzal told him he would go and look for her because his private apartment where he was and her school were not that far and that was how Arzal reached her .

Arzal put his phone on speaker.

"Hello! "

"Mr Grayson, did you find Seraphina? How's she? She is alright, right? " Nathan's voice was lacing with fear, panic, desperation which he understood completely.

"Your sister is fine, Mr Miller but she's unconscious right now because she had gotten a high fever by staying in the rain for so long, " He told him the half truth because he knew it was her call to tell everything to her brother and not his.

"Mr Grayson, please take care of her. I am trying my best to reach there but every road here is blocked, " Nathan's voice started breaking because at that moment, he just wanted his sister safe and sound, no matter what.