Six - Longest Story of my Life.

** Finally something with a bit more substance. It will be better I promise**

**Vote? Comment?**

 -Ellie-

I rubbed my eyes as I woke to the smell of freshly brew coffee. And I really needed coffee.  I sat up on the couch to still see Jake sleeping like a baby. I raised myself out of the couch tactfully without waking him and followed the smell of coffee into the kitchen to see Jade clutching at her soup bowl sized mug of black coffee. As I walked into the kitchen she turned and made me a weak coffee with milk and sugar. This girl knows me so well already.  I just smiled. “So you want to explain what happened?” She not so surprisingly questioned, coy smile on her face and all.

“Honestly nothing,” I could tell by Jades face she couldn’t  tell if I was telling the truth or not, “Jade nothing happened, we just talked, that’s it, end of story”

 “But why?”

 “One his dating someone, two I just don’t see him like that” There was a substantial pause in the conversation until offcourse Jade said,

“But you see  Nash like that?” This question was actually becoming annoying and being asked by too many people for my liking!

 “Argh, why are we back here? I’m not stupid or blind, I saw him last night, I know what you said, I know better! But that’s all irrelevant now. Why didn’t you tell me about you and Ryan?” Just as I finished my sentence Jake rolled into the kitchen, we both offered him food and coffee, but he politely declined.

 “I’m head to the gym then back home, I will catch up with both you lovely girls soon,” he smiled hugging us both before leaving.

 “So where were we?” I asked Jade again clearly knowing the answer to the question.

 -Jade-

I just sighed when Ellie brought up Ryan again just as Jake left. It’s not like I wasn’t going to tell her the story eventually but it doesn’t make it any less difficult!

“Well…” I began, “I meet Ryan high school,” I explained knowing it was just the start of longest story of my life and a story I had told before. “I actually met him through Nash, we’ve been family friends basically since I can remember. Nash introduced the two of us, and Ry and I quickly became really close friends. I developed feelings for him pretty much simultaneously, but never thought he felt the same way. Which is why I started going out with my high school boyfriend, Alvin, not long after, which also happens to be when Ryan also starting dating Mia. We were both happy in our relationships or at least it seemed that way until things with Alvin completely feel apart when I found out he cheated on me. Ryan was there for me through everything. I wouldn’t have got through it without him. Mia however was none to impressed about this off course, and after Ryan saw me threw an incredible drunken night, in which I was relentlessly tried make out with him, he had a huge fight with Mia and blamed me. We didn’t talk for almost a year after that.” I realised I was putting a lot on Ellie right now, but hey she asked what was the story and there is no point telling it half assed. I looked up at Ellie for maybe only the second time since I had begun the story to see her wide-eyed.

“Wow” Ellie replied sensitively. “I’m sorry I had no idea it was anything like that!” I laughed before saying,

“Babe you haven’t heard the half of it yet!”

 “Oh god…” She replied whilst standing to refill her coffee and sitting back down, “I’m still listening.”

“Ryan arrived at my doorstep just under a year later, we hadn’t spoken a word to each other in that time, I didn’t know what to say when I opened the door and all he said was ‘she cheated’. I just opened the door and we made our way to the couch. We just sat there for at least an hour in dead silence, Ry sitting cross legged with his head in his hands, me a distance away. I finally to broke the silence.

‘Ry I’m sor-‘ I was quickly cut off.

‘J, I’m soooo sorry I screwed everything up, that I screwed us up!’

‘Us?’

The next thing I knew his hands enclosed both my checks and his lips were on mine. And I was in the place I had wanted to be in for so long, with Ryan. We dated for a few months after that, and I have honestly never been as happy.”

Ellie began to sigh, she knew the happy tale was about end, “What happened?” she reluctantly asked.

“Mia came back, he dumped me and took her back. It crushed me at first and I was so angry at him, but I couldn’t stay like that it was Ryan after all. His relationship with Mia has continued to be rocky, they date they break up, they date, they break up, and every now and then when they were broken up Ryan would end up back in my bed.” I took in a large breath and continued. “This time around he  and Mia have actually been back together for about 10months, and it’s been getting progressively harder to seem them together, and off course I don’t get to see Ryan by himself at all anymore. That’s properly why I went crazy flirty when I did last night. I mean that’s what we use to always be like, and I really miss that.”

“Naaaaaaaw” Ellie moaned sympathetically, “why are boys so fucked up, why can’t the see what they are missing?” I appreciated Ellie trying to somewhat lighten the mood.

“Tell me about it!” I laughed.

“Oh don’t worry I will!”

-Ellie-

I could see Jade wipe away a tear from her eye as she finished the story about her and Ryan.  I didn’t like seeing her like that and thinking it was Ryan that caused it didn’t feel right. “Come on we are going out,” I shouted.

” What…? Where…?” Jade answered.

“The mall we need to go get you a super-hot dress to wear from your birthday tomorrow night!!!”