Four - Crushed.

-Ellie-

 Somehow a conversation was struck up between myself and a lovely guy names Jake at the gym. It turned out he was actually good friends with Jade, Caitlin and Leah so we decided to all catch up later that even at Jesters. I had the day off and Jade was finishing at 7 so we all meet there about 6 evilly forcing Jade to bring us drinks until she was able to join us. Our group kept growing turns out a lot of people head out on a Thursday night in Nashville. I soon heard Jade squeal, “Ryaaaaaaaaaaan” as two boys walked through the door. I turned to find her bear hugging the skinny ass lead singer from Nash’s band, before releasing him and giggling, “Hi Jamie,” to the boy following him. The boys joined the growing group. “What’s up bro,” Jamie nodded towards Jake before taking a sit next him starting up a conversation that I think was about football. Jade soon sat back down next to me scooting closer to allow more room next to her as she pulled Ryan down. I was now quite tightly situated between Jake and Jade who were both involved in their own conversations. I sat awkwardly until Ryan smiled at me over Jade shoulder before asking,

“And who is this?” Jade swivelled in her spot and introduced Ryan and I, “it’s lovely to meet you,” he said still smiling, and it was such a cute smile.

“Thank you” I giggle back. Jade started to laugh,

“Be nice to her Ry, she’s the one the been making your Whiskeys.” He laughed as a smirk crossed it face ,

“So you’re the new girl that’s working here I have heard about!” I shot out yet another confused faced before Jade burst out laughing almost uncontrollably.

 “Nash?” She questioned. Ryan began to laugh at her before they both turned with horrible cheeky smiles on my face. I just shook my head before covering my face with my hands. Had he – Nash, really been talking about me?

Everyone in the group continued laughing, talking and drinking, and flirting in the case of Jade and Ryan. How has she not mentioned him before, I mean there is clearly something between the two of them.Quite a while later there was a lot of noise coming from behind me so I turned around to see Nash entering with two girls by his side. I see I thought to myself,  as I couldn’t help but think of what I had heard about him being a ‘player’. However the next thing I knew one of the girls was sitting on Ryan’s lap kissing him, once they finally broke a part she said a not so warm hello to Jade before Ryan introduce her to me,  “Hey Ellie, this is my girlfriend Mia.” Hang on girlfriend?

“Hi,” I smiled genuinely at her only to receive a very uninterested,

 “Hey,” in return. Mia soon turned back toward facing Ryan as Jade turned back around towards me.

-Jade-

And there is was yet again, it was becoming quite a regular thing seeing a confused and unsure look on Ellie’s face, I simply just mouthed, “later” she nodded, she understood this wasn’t a conversation we could have now. Thankfully before I had to watch Mia be all over Ryan for too long Jake had me by the hand and Ellie by the other pulling us up, “Drinks!” He exclaimed with a big emphasise on the plural. Saviour. The three off us made our way toward the bar, I could see Ellie, looking around subtlety, trying to find Nash. She soon realised where he was, in booth at the other side of the room nestled between a blonde and a brunette, his arm dropped around the later shoulders. Looks like he was in fine form tonight. “Earth to Ellie?!” Jake joked as we handed her a drink.

 “SORRY!” She jumped, I just looked at her. She knew had caught her staring, luckily Jake was none the wiser, she just shrugged before staring down at the drink in her hand.  We made our way back to the group through the growing crowd. As we arrived back, Ryan and Mia were standing saying their goodbyes, before leaving together hand and hand. Yeah my heart sank as it always did when I saw them together. I know she’s not good for him, but Ry just doesn’t see it.

  -Ellie-

As we sat back down I caught Jade looking at Ryan just as she had caught me earlier looking at Nash, the difference you could see how it crushed her, it was written all over her face. Soon enough we had decided to call it a night as well.  Jake was crashing at Jades, and mine was on the way so we all decided to share a cab, before Jade suggested for me to stay at her place as well, we already had plans to have lunch the next day so I agreed!