One - New Life.

This story has been on Tumblr for a while now but I am rewriting bits and pieces and doing my best to edit it. I am not a writer, but I hope you enjoy!

**************************************

-Ellie-

I have been here for three weeks now. Here, in Nashville.  Starting over. New country. New city. New Life. It was hard leaving, leaving everything behind but I have promised myself I’m not going to regret it. My new life consists of a rather small studio apartment, above a surprisingly loud self-service Laundromat. It isn’t very pretty, but I have a bed, fridge and couch, and that’s all I need at the moment. I’ll get there, it takes time, or at least that’s what I have been telling myself. Thankfully I have also found myself a job, at this little bar called Jester’s. It too isn’t glamorous, but it’s going to pay my bills. I survived my first Friday night shift, pretty smoothly I may add. But tonight, Saturday is there busiest night of the week.

Jade, is my co-worker but more importantly my first friend here in Nashville. She’s got that girl next door kind of vibe mixed with a little bit of hipster. She has been amazing over the last week since meeting her during my first day at Jesters. Helping my trod around Nashville sorting out my life, and showing me my way around Jesters. She was telling me all about how Saturday nights are the best to work, whilst they may be busy, crazy busy, the regular bands that play every week bring in a good crowd and play awesome music.

“Oh, the bands also have these lovely blue wrist bands!” Jade spoke. Me completely unaware of the relevance of this information simply replied,

“Cool?” She laughed,

“It means they have a bar tab, trust me you will see plenty of them.”

“Ooooooh,” I sighed. The penny had dropped, they really do mean crazy busy don’t they.

Yeah they weren’t lying, I am pretty sure most of my shift was a total blur. I have done plenty of bar work at home, well my old home, so it’s not like I’m new to this, but admittedly I am still finding my way around Jesters. Regardless I am pretty sure I didn’t even manage to see any of the customers faces, it was just order and order. And those damned wrist bands, 3 beers, 2 whiskeys, 4 beers, 3 whiskeys it just went on and on. It may not have been the best customer service but at least everyone got their drinks right?

Things started to slowly die down about 1.30, thank goodness, I was exhausted. So by 2 I was out wiping tables and finally taking in what was Jesters and a Saturday night. It was such a mixed crowd, but everyone seemed to know and get along with each other with the exception of a few very preppy girls huddled in one corner. As I cleaned the table getting lost in my thoughts I found myself humming some completely unfamiliar tune that I have absolutely no idea where I picked it up from. Soon enough I was suddenly brought back to the world around me, a smooth deep voice behind my startled me, “Cute tune”. I turned around and laughed nervously to face a tall boy. He had curly red hair, quite a few visible tattoos and a cure smirk plastered across his face. He however didn’t stop, rather he continues to walked towards the exit, his guitar case in hand, and smirk showing no sign of disappearing. I couldn’t doing anything but slightly blush and giggle to myself, and then offcourse get back to work.