⭒    ⭒    ⭒

"Dustin, can you hear me?" I opened my eyes, groaning when I felt a heavy weight on my back. "Dustin?" I looked over my shoulder to see Steve laying on me.

I groaned and reached for the walkie. "Eddie?"

"Princess! Hey. Uh, I'm gonna need a food delivery like, really soon. Unless you want me going out into the world."

"No." I spoke in a sleepy voice. "You know that's the last thing I want you to do." I rubbed my eyes.

"Oh, did I wake you? Sorry, sleeping beauty."

"Yea, uh, stay where you are and we'll be there as soon as we can."

"Thanks darling. Oh, uh, can you pick me up a six-pack? I know I shouldn't be drinking right not but, uh, cold beer would really calm my jangled nerves."

"Eddie, you'll get what-" I looked over to where Max was sleeping to see that she was gone. "Shit, I'll call you back." I put the walkie down.

"No, don't you dare. Cassie. Cassie? Henderson!"

"Steve, get off!" He only groaned and repositioned his head. "Steve!"

"What?" He lifted his head.

"Get off! Max is gone!"

"Shit." He hopped up and I walked over to Dustin, smacking his head.

"What the shit?"

"Where the hell is Max?"

"Right there." He pointed to the spot on the love seat where she was no longer. "A second ago. I swear, I just dozed off for..." He checked his watch. "an hour?"

"You idiot!" Steve, Dustin and I made our way upstairs only to find that Max was sitting at the kitchen table, listening to music.

"Morning, guys!" Karen spoke, making breakfast. "Everything okay?"

"Yea, no, we're great." I smiled, giving Max a death glare. I sat down next to her and watched her draw. "You scared me."

"Sorry." She turned the song off. "Couldn't sleep. People kept blasting music in my ears, for some reason." She smiled, making me smile.

"Is this where you went last night?" I asked, motioning to her drawings.

"Yea... I thought it'd be easier to draw it out than to explain it, but not so much." I gasped when I saw a drawing of two people. "Chrissy and Fred. It was like they were on display or something. And there was this red fog everywhere. It was like a dream. A nightmare."

I looked up to meet her eyes. "Can I tell you-"

"So do you think Vecna's trying to scare you?" Dustin asked, sitting across from Max.

"Well, I thought so. But it was different once I got here. It almost seemed like he was surprised... like he didn't want me there."

"Maybe you infiltrated his mind. He invaded your mind, right? Is it that big of a leap to suggest you somehow wound up in his? Like Freddie Krueger's boiler room!"

"Ugh, shut up. You know those movies give me nightmares." Max snapped her neck at what I just said.

"Yea, but think about it. What if you somehow unlocked a back door to Vecna's world? Like, maybe the answer we're looking for is somewhere in this incredibly vague drawing. God, we need Will."

"Wait, is this a window?" Nancy asked, sneaking up behind me.

"Yea."

"Stained glass with roses."