5) Essence

Dominique Thomas POV

We've been back in New York for a good 2 months and Grandma is actually doing great. She's been taking her meds, I've been driving her to appointments and it seems good. Lilly and I have been doing great. We spend time together after she gets off work since their school started back up.

I've been looking for an apartment the past few days just to have cause of course I'm coming back more frequently.

"This is a 3 bedroom 2 and a half bathroom. The rooms are upstairs that way if you have guests the bedrooms are outta reach. The view in the living room is to die for and its only been on the market for 2 weeks so not q lot of people know about it" she said as we walked in the door.

It was a spacious place and honestly seemed amazing.

"Ok, it looks nice but is it ganna break my budgest" I said and she laughed

"Its 1600 a month utilities included since its a older couple who owns the building. The only thing is you can't be loud after 8 or after 3 times your forced to be evicted" she said and I scratched my head

"1600 is a lot but it's the city and I don't gotta pay utilities" I said looking around.

"Lets check out the upstairs" she said and I followed her up.

I looked around seeing the sky rise in the one room. I could take some amazing pictures from up their.

"Ok, but I'm only ganna be here a few month outta the year. Is that ganna be a problem" I asked and she waved

"Most tenants are only here for a few months. They kinda like it that way" she said and I nodded I got the contract sending it to Taj to look over since shes a lawyer and when she gave the Ok I signed everything.

"Ok, are you paying cash or check" she asked and I signed the checks putting lines after the zeros.

"Here is your keys, I let everyone know if the check does bounce you'll get 2 weeks to pay in cash then you'll be evicted" she said and I nodded as we walked out.

I went around got stuff for the apartment scheduling furniture to be dropped off and assembled and went back to the air bnb. I wasn't worried about Epic and Slim since they where looking for apartment too.

"How was the search" Slim asked and I sighed

"I got a place nigga" I said and he sucked his teeth.

"Shit is hard man" he said and I sighed.

"You know damn well you can stay with me when you get tired of Taj" I said and he shook his head.

"Ok, but I'll help pay rent" he said and I nodded. Slim never liked hand outs that's why I'm letting him help.

"Ok, I only need 8 hundred a month. Utilities are payed for but their is a 8 o'clock quiet time" I saod and he nodded

"I can't believe we gotta go back" He said and I shook my head.

"I know man but I told her a couple months and she's been emailing me like crazy" I and he shook his head.

"So what, you ganna get the apartment together then schedule your flight" he asked and I nodded

"I gotta talk to Lilly first" I said and he nodded.

I was sitting on the couch opening emails when I got a shared email between Epic and I but I didn't see the 3rd parties name.

Epictheewriter@gmail.com.....
Job Oprotinity

Hello, My name is Vanessa De Luca from Essance magazine and I'm very intrigued by both of you guys work. I looked up your current employer and while it's a good deal I would like to have a meeting with you both before you renew your contract for this year. Please get back to me as soon as possible