5 | Love Is A Myth

Start from the beginning

"Hey babe" Jackson tells Grace from behind as he taps her shoulder gently getting her attention as she turns her head to him "Hi baby" she replies with a genuine smile. I could tell she really liked him. Jeremiah and Silas behind Jackson. Clearly looking like they've been dragged here by.. well you know, of course. Jackson.

"Could we sit with you guys for breakfast. I mean i just want to see Grace, Kinda just dragged these two with me" Jackson says while laughing, pointing to Silas and Jeremiah behind him which were clearly pissed off. "Uh. Sure sit." Scarlett says. "Mhm" Grace says as she grabs his neck and kisses him.

"Oh what love does to you" Jeremiah snickers. Letting out a sigh. Before taking a seat next to Scarlett which was next to me. Grace was originally in front of me on the other side of the table but she got kinda pushed in the middle, Jackson on her left and Silas to her right. Making Silas right in front of me. Great.

Grace and Jackson were cuddling. Talking to each other. Madly in love. I've never gotten a good chance in love, i personally don't think i'll ever find it.

"Scarlett any guys?" Jeremiah asks Scarlett teasing her with a smirk on his face before she smacks his arm. "Shut up" she said knowing he has had a crush on her for a couple years now. I mean everyone knew it. But Scarlett being the independent queen she is. Has rejected and turned him down many, many, many times.

"What about you Miss Sophie? Any love" Jeremiah asks me giggling.

"Myth" i reply back to him dryly.

"What do you mean myth" He asks me.

"Love is a myth" i say back, sighing as i lean back. Feeling Silas' glaze directly on me. I side eye him seeing his back on his phone.

"I'm going to get water" i say as i get up from the table, trying to leave the conversation. I mean i was really thirsty anyways.

"Me too" Silas says getting up with me.

"Go get water someplace else" i tell him as i start to walk.

"Why? do you own the water supply?" he says jokingly. Walking behind me.

"Shut up" i tell him, i grab a white foam cup from the stack and start filling up my cup with water. I loved water, water to drink, water to swim in, water to shower in. Especially the beach. Going to the beach made it seem like my problems would wash away with the waves every time they would reach shore. Absorbing in the sand. Drying up. Never to be seen again, until another wave of problems show up, and you know how it keeps on going.

"Why don't you believe in love" Silas asks me, taking a sip from his water. "I mean i don't but why don't you" He continues.

"I just don't think i'll ever find someone to fall in love with, someone who'll wait for me, someone who'll understand my madness, guide me, support me and who'll actually love me back. Not these days, this generation is fucked" I spit out going too into detail with the complete opposite of what my last boyfriend did.

My ex didn't wait, he didn't support, love, guide. Instead he hit, fought, controlled. And it broke me terribly until this day.

My eyes widening about what id just said to Silas. "Same to be honest, Can't handle commitment, I fuck and dip." He says breaking the serious tension as he starts to laugh. "Gag.. Seriously" i tell him before rolling my eyes and heading back to the table.

He and boys like him are the reason healthy relationships are limited these days. True love is impossible to find now, and i don't really care anymore. Fuck it, being alone was way better. He doesn't know how many girls he has hurt, doesn't seem like he cares also. I make my way make to the table and sit down. We all chat for a bit more. I'm surprised we're actually getting along all of us. Expect for Silas.

I didn't really give two fucks about him. Jeremiah was actually quite nice, Jackson not too bad too. Silas just sat there in his classic agony as he continues to scroll through his phone. His social battery was finished. Drained in fact. We all get interrupted by our conversation about complete random things by Mr Howell.

"Students we will be starting activities soon. Get ready" Mr Howell says as we all groan.

"Wait you guys don't want to do activities right?" I ask them all getting their attention.

"Yes" "Of course" They all say. "Perfect" i reply with as a idea pops up in my head.

"I know a beach not far from here, Go around Banksia Forest and boom it's in your face" i tell them.

"Sophie, your a life saver. Come on guys let's go" Jeremiah says as he kisses my hand. Me wiggling my hand out of his touch as we all let out a laugh.

"We all in?" i ask them curiously.

"Yes" they all reply. But not Silas. He's gazing somewhere else. "Silas? You coming?" Jackson asks him tapping his shoulder getting his attention.

"Well if my partner is missing, i might as well go missing too" he says sighing, unlocking his phone again and from what it looks like texting someone.

We start to plan how we will go, we will probably get caught but who cares. We plan our way. The class will be walking inside Banksia Forest which will lead them to a field to do the activities with all the equipment. However we will be going on the side of Banksia Forest. Just on the outside, taking a left. Then we keep walking straight and landing straight on the sand of Banksia Beach.

You may ask how i know all this. Well my family and I came camping here once. Along with my cousins. I'm guessing you know what happened next. Me and my cousins snuck out and found a new location. That's about it.. Oh and we did get caught and loose all our trust from our parents but i think they are over it now.. Hopefully.

The students start leaving the hall as we start walking with them. Trying not to look suspicious at all.

Hi guys! so excited to write the next chapter. Hope your all enjoying it. Stay tuneddd <3

Much love, Mary
Stay beautiful x