I pressed the door bell and waited anxiously for the door to be opened. Nanny Iren's wrinkled face greeted me. Her hair was grayer than I remembered and she had on thin glasses now.

Her eyes furrowed slightly when she saw me before they widen in shock "Ethan, is that you?"

I gave her a bright smile "good to see you again nanny"

She gasp in shock, her hands moved to cradel her chest like she feared that her heart would collapse to the floor.

"Oh my God Ethan," she pulled me into a gentle hug and I wrapped my hands around her small body "I can't believe you're back"

"I missed you guys"

She pulled away and smiled "I miss you too as well my boy. Please come in"

She opened the door wider for me and I walked in allowing the warmth to engulf my soul.

Everything was just as I remembered. The huge TV screen facing the couch where Holden and I use to play video games on weekends, the grand staircase where Holden and I chased after Gianna after playing hide and seek, the grand piano at the end of the room where Gianna always practiced for her upcoming competition at school.

Everything was exactly as it was and the memories came in torrents. Most ones good and few bad.

What was missing however, were the noise of happiness and laughter which the house once held when our father was still alive.

There was nothing now except cold and uncomfortable silence.

"Let me take your bag to your room Ethan. Its still as neat as ever just the way you left it" nanny Iren informed and I could only smile thankfully in her direction.

"I'll do it myself nanny, don't worry"

"Nanny, is dinner ready yet?" That voice made my heart stop for a few second and my eyes lifted in her direction.

She had paused at the top of the stairs staring at me in shock. Her short black hair was pulled in a short pony tail and her gray eyes were just as captivating as I remembered.

She was dressed in a crop top and shorts and I couldn't help the way my eyes took in her well shaped body.

She was just as beautiful as I remembered. My sister Gianna.
It
Her eyes flash in anger at the realization that I was indeed the one standing there and a scowl took over her expression. "what the fuck do you think you're doing here?!"

I swallowed the lump in my throat at her hateful tone "Gia..."

"Don't fucking call me that!" She snap and nanny Iren flinched beside me. Ever since we were kids, Gia's anger had always scared everyone although she rarely got angry. "you got some nerves showing up here. You left remember? You turned your back on us like we didn't mean anything and now all of a sudden you decided to show up"

"Gia I'm sorry" it wasn't the words I was suppose to say. Gia hated those words with a passion, she feels like its always useless to say sorry when it wouldn't fix anything, but right now I was ashamed of myself and didn't know what else to say.

As expected she only got angrier. She matched down the stairs and stood right in front of me. without hesitation, her hand rose up and smack me right in the face.

"Gianna!" Nanny Iren exclaimed.

I didn't move and just hung my head to the side. I was too ashamed to face her right now.

"Do yourself a favour and get out of here you ungrateful asshole. You're not needed!"

"Gianna dear, he's still your brother"

"He's not my brother!" She snap at nanny Iren in annoyance "I only have one brother and he's in jail"

That peeked my interest and I quickly look at her for confirmation, her eyes held nothing but anger and I couldn't tell if she was saying the truth or not.

"What do you mean jail? Where is Holden?"

She snorted at my worried tone "so now you care? You didn't seem to give a damn about our family for the past three years"

"I have my reasons"

"And what are they? Is it the one where you are too much of a coward to face your own battles?"

"Gia please, don't push me away okay, let's talk"

"I don't want to talk to you" she wave away my pleas "if you don't leave then there is nothing I can do about it. This is still your house anyway, but stay away from me. I want nothing to do with the likes of you"

I won't deny that her words stung. There was a time when Gia and I used to be so close. She use to tell me everything and I so did I. She pleaded with me not to leave but I didn't listen to her. The house was suffocating to me then cause of my constant fight with Holden and I just couldn't take it anymore which is why I left. I couldn't stay, not even for her.

But, why was Holden in jail?

"Nanny, forget about dinner. I just lost my appetite awhile ago staring at someone's face" she turned around and matched up the stairs without giving me a second glance. The loud bang of the door followed after and nanny Iren sighed beside me.

"Give her some time Ethan, she's just going through a lot after Holden was arrested"

"But, why was arrested? What did he do?" I turn to her for information.

She lowered her head sadly "I think its best if Gianna fill you in herself. Go to your room and rest, I'll make you dinner"

She smiled one last smile and left in the direction of the kitchen leaving me wondering.

What the hell happened here while I was gone?