Chapter 1.

A/N: I decided to make this event two years before Celine was kidnapped. Five months seem too short. So, this takes place two years before Celine was kidnapped.

Ethan's POV.

I never knew loving someone would hurt this bad. I mean how would I have known anyway, I've never fallen in love with anyone until now.

After literally running away from home after the death of my adoptive father, I've kept my distance from everyone else. I got a good job at a big company and cut off all contact with my adoptive family to live on my own.

I was lonely and sad. I never had anyone and I didn't feel the need to return to my family because I felt I didn't belong there anymore. I've never dated anyone before nor did I want to make friends with anyone.

Although I was the type of guy everyone took as a friend even though I didn't think of them in the same way.

I was okay with my lonely life. I was too stuck up on denying myself what I really wanted to see that I wasn't happy, but I felt it was the easiest way for me and I was determined to go on living like that.

That was until I met her.

Celine Grayson.

She fascinated me from day one. Her beautiful eyes that held such sorrow that made me want to sweep her off her feet and take her to a place where she would only know happiness.

It was the first time I didn't want to live as I used to. The first time I wanted love.

Each day I spent with her, I kept on realizing what an amazing person she is. Despite the fact that she is my boss's wife, I couldn't help falling deeper and deeper in love with her at every interaction.

Seeing her hurt was the worst pain I've ever experienced. All the times she had to cry because of Abel made me want to snap his neck. Celine was too much of an angel to be treated so carelessly, and that is why I promised myself that I will be the one to give her all the love she was denied her whole life.

I was so happy when Celine chose me. It felt magical when we kissed, and right there I knew I could finally be happy. I came to realize that love is all I needed to feel complete. Celine was all I needed to be happy.

But then, Just when I thought I've finally found true happiness, She left me for Abel. She chose him even after everything.

It hurts so bad. I felt like I couldn't breath for weeks. I was angry at her, angry at Abel, angry at myself for not being enough.

What does he have that I don't? It was a question I kept asking myself for so long.

I started drinking, I did everything to get my mind off her, but nothing worked. My heart was already stolen and I knew I can never have it back.

After days of being frustrated at myself, I return to my hometown, back to my adoptive family.

It made me happy and relieved that I said goodbye to Celine. I tried my best to be happy for her, but I just couldn't be. I felt denied, and although I have forgiven her, it still hurt so much.

Facing my family isn't something I thought I would be doing in a long time, but I realize that this is something I needed to do right now.

Celine was right after all, fighting against your heart isn't the answer.

The surrounding was still as I remembered. Well trimmed grasses filled up the whole place and beautiful flowers were planted at the front of the house.

I walked towards the front porch, memories about my childhood coming back as I glance around the place. I really miss this place.