3

I awaken back in my room and am confused. I see my bag on the chair I usually put it on and see I'm still dressed in yesterday's clothes. Except I have pajama pants on. I get up and head to the bathroom and shower. I get out and get dressed in a pair of black denim shorts, a red tank top and my black boots. I do my makeup and fluff out my hair before grabbing my bag and heading downstairs. My parents are arguing quietly when I walk in the kitchen making me stop.

I ask,"What's going on?"

My mother replies,"Nothing."

My father says,"No. No. She doesn't need to be going with a boy anywhere, Samantha."

I look at them confused and my mother says,"Your father was a little worried when your friend brought you home asleep last night."

I reply,"Oh. Eddie. He was helping me with my paper for history. We were doing it on the history of music. He was showing me different bands."

I open my bag and see the book he and me reading along with my notebook.

I say,"He gave me this book he had on his favorite band. It helped me start my paper. See."

I show him the notes and starting paragraphs of my paper. My dad looks it over and then glances at the book.

He asks,"He likes Dio."

I nod and say,"It's his favorite band. He also likes Metallica and Iron Maiden. Haven't figured out if he likes Mötley Crüe yet."

I look at my dad and he says,"Fine. Just make sure he doesn't you know, go too far."

I reply,"Dad, Eddie and I are just friends."

My dad nods and I hear honking from outside. I am confused and head outside as I grab a toaster waffle from the stack. I see Eddie there standing outside his van with his music blaring and he's singing along at the top of his lungs to Def Leppard's Woman. I giggle as he points to me as he sings.

I run over to him  as my dad steps out on the porch and Eddie catches me as I collide with him. He wraps his arms around me tightly and then reaches behind him and turns the volume down.

He says in my ear,"You fell asleep on me princess."

A shiver passes over me and I say,"Sorry."

He says,"It was a little awkward for me to meet your father holding his unconscious daughter in my arms. He looked like he wanted to rip my heart out."

I giggle and step back as I say,"No. He wouldn't have."

Eddie smiles at me and I look at my dad. He nods in approval and I look at Eddie.

I say,"See he approves of you."

Eddie laughs and I can't help my smile.

He opens the door on his van as he says,"Your chariot awaits you madam."

I giggle and step up inside and he shuts the door. I look at Eddie and he sees me and I throw my hands up against my head in horn like feature and stick my tongue out at him. He does it back and I laugh as he gets in the car. We head to school singing at the top of our lungs to Def Leppard.

We get out and Eddie walks me towards the middle school. We stop at the steps and I hear Billy call my name. I look to see him with Max and wave at them both. I turn to see Eddie's expression and it's sad before he composes himself and looks at me.

I say,"Meet me here after school and we can go to the library here and you can help me with my history paper more and then maybe Math."

He smiles and nods.