2

My mom made pot roast for dinner with potatoes and Eddie's eyes went wide when she set the roast down.

I ask,"Have you never had pot roast before?"

He shakes his head and I grab his plate and scoop him some roast, carrots and potatoes. I get his fork and put some roast on it and turn to him.

I say,"Do me a favor and close your eyes."

He says,"Aah I don't know Adora."

I say,"Trust me. You'll enjoy it. Close your eyes and open your mouth."

My mother chuckles as she heads into the kitchen to get her glass of wine.

He raises an eyebrow at me and says,"Sweetheart I just met you today and you want me to trust you with what you put in my mouth."

I retort,"I trusted you with my life when I got in your car."

He goes to argue but stops.

He replies,"Fair point. Ok."

He closes his eyes and opens his mouth. I cover his eyes and place the forkful of food on his tongue. He closes his mouth and starts chewing.

He says,"Whoa."

I reply,"Crazy good right?"

He replies,"It's even better than I thought."

I set his fork down as I grab a napkin to dab his mouth and I remove my hand from his eyes. I'm close to his face and he opens his eyes and looks at me. It feels like all the air got sucked out of the room as his eyes look into mine. My mom walks in and we instantly separate as she sits down.

I look at Eddie who is staring at the surroundings of the dining room instead of at me as my mom asks him questions about himself. I eat quietly and excuse myself to take my dish in the kitchen. I begin washing the dishes that are in the sink after I grab my cassette player and headphones. I begin singing along as Faithfully by Journey plays.

Highway run
Into the midnight sun
Wheels go round and round
You're on my mind
Restless hearts
Sleep alone tonight
Sendin' all my love
Along the wire

They say that the road ain't no place to start a family
Right down the line, it's been you and me
And lovin' a music man ain't always what it's supposed to be
Oh, girl, you stand by me
I'm forever yours
Faithfully

My headphones are taken off as a male voice joins mine and I look to see Eddie and stop as he sings.

Circus life
Under the big top world
We all need the clowns
To make us smile
Through space and time
Always another show
Wonderin' where I am
Lost without you

He smiles and I can't help but smile as I rejoin him singing, the dishes long forgotten as our voices melt into a beautiful harmony.

And being apart ain't easy on this love affair
Two strangers learn to fall in love again
I get the joy of rediscovering you
Oh, girl, you stand by me
I'm forever yours
Faithfully

Our voice rise in volume as we sing the final lyrics of the song.

Faithfully
I'm still yours
I'm forever yours
Forever yours
Faithfully

We are panting and as we look at each other. Eddie smiles and grabs my bag and his.

"Tell your mom you'll be back later.", he says.

I ask,"Where are we going?"

He replies,"I've gotta show you something."

I look at him and he gives me a small smile and says,"Cmon sweetheart."