Occupation: Food Related

So, I skipped a day of reccing.

Know why I don't feel guilty? I finished one of my fanfics! Y'all, get excited, cause Wonderful Wheezes (I still need a better title) is all going to be done publishing before the month is through. I'm so excited.

But I'm not feeling good today. So here is a very short list of food-related job fics, minus coffee shop AUs, because sometimes you just wanna run away, open a bakery, and fall in love, I guess.

Under 10k

Explicit

Title: Satisfy this hungry mess

By: Konfessor2U
Link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/21458848/chapters/51138265
Rating: Explicit
Author Summary: Harry just had to get his hands on the cupcakes he had at the Granger/Weasley baby shower. Once at the bakery, he realizes that he has to somehow get his hands on the baker.

Tag List: Post-Hogwarts, EWE, Baker Draco Malfoy, changed man Draco Malfoy, Scars, wandering POV, 4k

Commentary: The Summary actually does a phenomenal job summarising, so my work here is done.

Discussion Zone for Satisfy this hungry mess

10k-49k

Explicit

Title: Licking a path to you

By: drarryruinedme7

Link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/23444614
Rating: Explicit
Author Summary: Draco Malfoy has one goal in life: to discover the identity of the secret chef of his favourite restaurant, Sweet Prophecies. After all, he can't marry someone he doesn't know.
So what if he's slightly distracted by one Harry Potter and their "just sex" agreement?

Tag List: Post-Hogwarts, EWE, Friends With Benefits To Lovers, pining, Unspeakable Draco Malfoy, Unspeakable Hermione Granger, Jealous Harry Potter, read the author's tags, Drinking, Auror Ron Weasley, Journalist Pansy Parkinson, Friends to Lovers, 18k

Commentary: smuuuuuuutty, y'all. And Draco is completely oblivious to Harry's feelings. And his friendship with Pansy involves an admirable amount of snark.

Discussion Zone for Licking a path to you

___

Title: Candyman

By: xErised
Link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/8253052/chapters/18910645
Rating: Explicit
Author Summary: Harry can't believe it when Malfoy sets up his chocolate shop right across the street from his own bakery. He's got to win this competition, but for some bizarre reason, his friends have become rather... chatty with the Slytherins lately. Post-Hogwarts.

Tag List: Post-Hogwarts, EWE, pining, Baker Harry Potter, Chocolatier Draco Malfoy, dirty talk, semi-public sex, multi-POV, unusual POV (Hermione)!, 25k

Commentary: Harry's bakery is a communal effort of his friends (with Ron as a very willing taster). Draco is stealing away Harry's customers. They shout at each other across the road. Harry imagines licking chocolate off Malfoy's body. There you go, that's all the extra info you need. This is such an enjoyable read.

Discussion Zone for Candyman

Over 50k

Explicit

Title: When It Alteration Finds

By: momatu
Link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/2027253/chapters/4397940
Rating: Explicit
Author Summary: After the war, Harry left most of the Wizarding world behind and built a new life for himself in the Channel Islands. He opened a bakery and is happy with his life. Draco is a fiction author who writes under a penname, and he's currently suffering from writer's block. His agent suggests he try writing in a new environment and rents a cottage in the Channel Islands for him.

Tag List: Post-Hogwarts, EWE, bakery owner Harry Potter, writer Draco Malfoy, romance, drama, some humour, hurt/comfort, 55k

Commentary: (Recced in a previous chapter). Luna is once again Draco's agent here, and she's lovely! And Harry and Draco have a very interesting dynamic because they're both under Recognize-Me-Not charms. And Harry is a big fan of Draco's books. I'm sure you can see where this is going. I won't spoil any more, but I will say that I just love it!
At the time of adding this rec to this list, I had not put it in the chapter Occupation: Writer. Now that I am doing that, it is a re-rec. I knew I'd read more Writer Draco books than I had on the list.

Discussion Zone for When It Alteration Finds

Other Recommendations

Requests