Trope: Party Games

NaNo update: I told myself I was only allowed a chocolate pop-tart if I wrote 3000 words today. I am a weak-willed man, but I made it to 2200 before I caved. Mmm. Pop-tart.

Under 10k

Teens and Up

Title: Spin the Wand

By: WrittenSins
Link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/1793848
Rating: Teens and Up
Author Summary: In the spirit of inter-house unity, the eighth years have a small party. In an attempt to get Harry and Ginny back together, Hermione and Ron come up with the plan of a rigged game of Spin the Wand, but not all goes as planned. Excerpt: "The idea was simple: A game of spin the bottle, but instead of a bottle, a toy wand, and instead of a game of chance, Hermione had spelled the wand to land on whoever the spinner most desired to kiss."

Tag List: Hogwarts 8th year, Inter-house unity, spin the bottle, 2k

Commentary: Oh come on, who doesn't love these tropes? Hermione and Ron interfering with Harry's love life, a plan that's supposed to lead to Harry and Ginny getting together that then backfires... it's all great, and it's all yours for the low low price of looking it up on your phone.

Discussion Zone for Spin the Wand

Explicit

Title: A New Page

By: bixgirl1
Link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/14168439
Rating: Explicit
Author Summary: Draco just wanted to find out what was up with Potter's new attitude. Some light stalking, the discovery of a hidden diary, and a lot of wanking later, and he has some answers.
They're just not the ones he expected.
(Things have changed since sixth year, folks. ...Mostly.)

Tag List: Hogwarts 8th year, Fluff, First Times, Loss of Virginity, Falling In Love, Weird dating, 8k

Commentary: bixgirl1 is one of those authors who's written a million fics you should read (well, okay, just 66 but that's practically a million anyway). Rather than any more commentary, I'll just give you an excerpt of the opening, "Stalking is such an ugly word.
Appropriate, maybe, Draco concedes, watching Potter from a distance. But still — he'd prefer not to use it. Really, he's only investigating, which is rather warranted; Potter's behaviour toward him in the last few weeks has gotten decidedly odd, all furtive peeks across the Eighth Year table and tentative smiles, as though that's ever been something they do. Offering to help him in Defence. Patting him on the shoulder and saying, Good job, Malfoy. I knew you could do it. Spending time at what was well-known to be Draco's thinking spot, under the lone tree a hundred metres south of the Quidditch pitch.
Something definitely isn't right."

Discussion Zone for A New Page

___

Title: The Dare

By: inksilver
Link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/12493172
Rating: Explicit
Author Summary: Draco has long harbored attraction towards Harry, but gave it up as a lost cause. Until the monthly Eighth Year party's game of Truth or Dare, when he's dared to kiss Harry Potter.

Tag List: Hogwarts 8th year, alcohol, truth or dare, one-shot, drabble, 2k

Commentary: Ah there's something about competitive "no, I'm not gonna back down from the dare, you are, chicken," that really entertains me. It's simultaneously in character and completely ridiculous. And, of course, when it's up to Harry and Draco's friends to make sure they get together, that's always a good time.