Chapter 8

[Dear reader, I want your attention for a moment.  The following chapter contains sexual content, which some people might find disturbing. Please do not read it if you're under 18 or you don't feel comfortable with this kind of content. Feel free to skip it and wait for the next one.]

[If you decided to read it then please enjoy and let me know your thoughts.]

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

The following morning found Magnus arguing with Catarina about his recovery and Alec of course took Catarina's side.

"The conversation is over. Magnus you need to stay here, at least for one more day". Catarina explained to him.

Magnus was looking at her. He knew that his friend was right, but being at the institute was weird. After a lot of discussion he finally gave in, he wasn't really happy with the outcome of the conversation, however Alec and Catarina seemed pretty satisfied. After a catch up with Magnus, the blue - skinned warlock left and Alec came back with breakfast. He placed the tray on the bed and kissed Magnus on the cheek.

"I know that these are not the pancakes that you're used to, but I hope you enjoy them". Alec paused. "If you need anything else let me know". He added. The tray contained a plate with pancakes, butter and fruits, some croissants with chocolate, which Magnus was big fan of, coffee and a red rose. Alec sat opposite of his husband and gave him the rose with a smile. "For you my love". Said Alec.

"You're a sweet man Alexander ". Magnus said with a smile and took the rose. "Have you eaten anything?" Asked the warlock,  but the young shadowhunter did not respond. "Alexander... what are you doing? ". He asked again.

"What am I doing? I don't do anything, I mean other than taking care of my husband ". Said smiling the shadowhunter.

"Which I appreciate, however you don't eat, you don't sleep and you look tired my angel ". Alec tried to find an excuse, but there was no point lying to his husband.

"Alexander, I am okay now, you have nothing to worry about ". Magnus took his hand and kissed his palm.

"I know, I just... I wanna make sure you're okay. That's all". Alec admitted.

After that they had breakfast, Alec had suggested to go for a walk, but Magnus turned the idea down almost immediately saying that walking around in a place full of shadowhunters looking at him was making feel uncomfortable. Alec respected that so they ended up staying in his room where they could cuddle and watch a movie.

In the middle of the movie Magnus had fallen asleep, so Alec turned the TV off and played with his hair. The previous night Magnus had woken up again, because of a nightmare and it took him a few hours to calm down. When Catarina visited him this morning he looked tired and something seemed to bother him, but when Alec asked him he made up an excuse so the young man did not persuade him. Catarina also asked him and Magnus gave her the same excuse. A groan pulled Alec from his thoughts and saw Magnus mumbling something in his sleep.

"Magnus? Honey, wake up". Alec said softy and tried to wake him up, but Magnus was pushing him away.

"No...n...not again... hmm no..." Magnus whispered and felt someone touching him.

"Magnus, come on babe... wake up". Said Alec and the next moment Magnus was awake and breathing heavily, while Alec was drawning circles on his back.

"Breath... it was just a dream. It's over now". Magnus stayed silent, taking his time to regain his breath. After a while he spoke.