Chapter 1

(ATTENTION: I do not own any of the characters. I'm just a big fan of Cassandra Clare's books and malec has a special place in my heart that's why I decided to write a ff about them. )

Alec never thought that a fight with his beloved Magnus could have ended up in such a tragedy. The couple had a few fights here and there, but they always were finding their way back to each other. It was 8 o clock, Magnus had made dinner for Alec, but the shadowhunter was late... again. Magnus was understanding about Alec's schedule since, it wasn't the first time that a meeting with the Clave took way more than it was expected, but Alec was usually calling Magnus ahead to let him know. The problem was that this was the third time that the shadowhunter hadn't called and he was avoiding Magnus's calls and texts all day. At least that what Magnus thought.

The shadowhunter arrived at the loft, holding a bouquet of flowers, a few minutes before midnight. The warlock was sitting at the balcony drinking his... fourth, probably his fifth martini. Alec entered the apartment, leaving his keys on the furniture next to him and hanging his jacket on a chair.

-"Mags? I'm home!" Said the shadowhunter, but the warlock did not bother to answer. He was sitting at the balcony sipping his drink and enjoying the view. The shadowhunter called out his name a few times. He let the bouquet on the table and then it was when he saw Magnus at the balcony.

-"Oh here you are. I was calling your name, you didn't hear me?" And with that he tried to place a soft kiss at Magnus's cheek, but the warlock avoided it by saying:

-" I heard you Alexander,  I believe whole NYC heard you."

- "Then why you didn't answer to me?" Asked Alec. The warlock ignored the question. He finished his drink and with a snap of his fingers blue sparks showed up and his glass was full again.

-"Magnus? Is everything alright? I feel that..."

-"Food's in the oven if you're hungry". Magnus interrupted him and turn to leave,  but Alec held his arm.

-"I'm not hungry, I just wanna know what's wrong". Said Alec worried.

-"Of course you're not, you probably had dinner at the institute with who knows who. Underhill maybe? Or it was a meeting the Clave again?" At this point it was clear that Magnus was upset and probably mad at Alec so the shadowhunter let his arm go.

-"Are you angry, because I was late again? Magnus we have talked about it these days my schedule is kinda full. I'm sorry."

-"Alexander, I am not dumb or something. I understand that you're busy these days. You're the head of the institute, but you couldn't even call me? How hard was to pick up your damn phone to text me that you will be late? I was waiting for you for hours and when I was texting you or calling you you were ignoring me"! Said Magnus and his voice wasn't gentle anymore. He was angry and upset.

-"First of all I didn't ignore you and second of all my phone had died and Jace had my charger". The shadowhunter defended himself.

- "You sound ridiculous with all these excuses. Like a child."

-"Okay you know something you're the one who sounds like a child. Why you're late Alec? Were you with Underhill Alec"? Said Alec annoyed by his husband's assumptions.

-" I'm tired of this Magnus. You're always complaining about... something!" The truth was that Alec did not mean what he said, but it was too late to take it back.

-"Excuse me? Now what? Am I a burden to you Alexander Lightwood? Well you're free to go. Maybe someone else can keep you company, someone who does not complain and do what you ask without questions".

-" How many times do I have to tell you Magnus,  Underhill is my secretary. He makes my life easier..."

-"Ohh so what I do? I make your life harder?" Magnus crossed his arms around his chest.

-" By the Angel Magnus let me talk. That's not what I meant. When I say he makes my life easier I'm reference to paperwork. Why you have to be so dramatic?" Said the young man angry.

- "Oh Okay so I'm dramatic now huh? Great!" Magnus turn his gaze elsewhere.

-"You know something? I lost my appetite." Said Alec tired of the conversation." I'll sleep at the institute!" The warlock looked at him not expecting their conversation to end up like this, but maybe it was for the best. Or it wasn't...

Alec left the apartment and after a few minutes of walking around the busy city, he went back go the institute. It wasn't the first time that they were sleeping in separate places, but it was the first time doing it after a fight. Of course Alec couldn't sleep. All it was thinking was his Magnus and how bad he talked to him. None of them like to hurt the other, but they were both tired the last few weeks. Physically and mentally.  The only thing that Alec wanted, was to be with Magnus. All this work that he had at the institute was too much sometimes. He was looking forward to go back home every night and hold his husband in his arms. To take a sniff of his sent which he always made him feel like home. To look at his golden cat eyes. To have Magnus playing with his hair while he was telling him how difficult it is to deal with the Clave. To fall asleep in his arms and just feel safe and let himself relax and enjoy these precious moments with him. Instead of being there with Magnus he was at the institute, alone with his thoughts.

On the other hand, after the shadowhunter left, Magnus went back inside and saw the bouquet. Of course the young man had bought his favorite. It was common for Alec to bring flowers to Magnus every now and then. Magnus love that on Alec. Always sweet and gentle. Making Magnus feel loved. These small gestures that the shadowhunter was making, like defending him when someone was insulting him, or when he was protecting him from any kind of danger, or when Alec was telling him how beautiful he was without make up and his glamor off. Magnus knew that Alec meant every word. He wanted to be around Alec. Most importantly he needed to be around Alec. With his presence and only the shadowhunter could make the warlock forget all his problems. However,  now things were different. Magnus was sitting there alone with Alec's flowers in his arms, when suddenly a loud noise came from the livingroom. The lights went off and then silence. Magnus used his magic quickly to turn on the lights and 4 man with black clothes and runes were standing there with seraph blades on their hands.What happened next was blur. Magnus fought with these people, but it wasn't enough. After a long fight Magnus fell on the ground as one of them had hit him on the head and everything went black.

- " Alexander...." Was Magnus's last word, before he lose conciousness.

************************♡*************************

Okay... so I don't how this will turn out, but I have high hopes lol. Tell me what you think and if you like how it's written. Honestly this is my second attempt to write a fan fiction, idk if it's good or not. I'll let you guys decide that. If there are any grammatical mistakes, I'm sorry English is not my native language and I'm just trying to improve it, by writing. Of course new chapters are coming soon so stay tuned. Have a nice day, or evening or night. And stay safe.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

You can follow me on:

Instagram: malecxlightwood_
Tumblr: itsyourgirlathena
Twitter: malecxlightwood

Love ya,
See you soon <3