Chapter 4

At the very beginning it was quite difficult to keep up with Nanami. But using your cursed energy rather than stifling it was really working in your favor.

"Would you like to come in and have something to drink?" You open the door, and he steps inside.

"This is the first time I've been to your house."

"Ah, I guess you're right. I'm so used to Gojo just popping up. It's almost weird to invite people in. I sort of expect everyone to break in the way he does." You chuckle. Moving to the kitchen, you grab two bottles of water, tossing one for him. He caught it easily.

"He managed to convince you to become a sorcerer. I'm curious as to how he went about that."

Not exactly a topic you loved to discuss. He could tell just by looking at you. That gaze was no longer as light as a few moments ago.

"Let's just say when Gojo found me I was in a very different place. I told myself that I was fine either way. Living or dying. But when faced with the actual chance of death, I was scared. I was stupid, childish back then. After that I promised myself one thing, I'd live. As long as I had the will to fight I would. I want whatever fate awaits me in the future to have meaning. That's all."

Nanami just removed his glasses.

"I suppose as annoying as he is, he does have insight that we often don't see."

He really did.

"It's a bit annoying." You laugh.

"Is that why you're both so close?"

"Close? I wouldn't say that."

"Is that so? Aren't you dating?"

"That asshole!! I told him to stop spreading that rumor!!"

He did it on purpose, he just loved making you miserable.

"You have no interest in him." You blink.

"What's with all the questions?" 

This was starting to feel like an interrogation.

"You're evading the question."

Flushing, you point at him.

"Y-You're one to talk about evading. Every time I ask you something you just give me some bluff, or follow up all your compliments with a 'I'm just stating facts." You mock.

"So what would you suggest?"

"You're a grown man, why are you asking me!!"

It felt like you were surrounded by children.

"You say that but you don't treat me the way you would any other man. The same goes for Gojo."

"What are you going on about?" He placed the bottle on the table, and you paused.

"You are a young woman living on her own. Reasonably, it would make very little sense to welcome me into your home when you're unaware of my intentions."

"Intentions?"

You mean to question further, but he approaches. You assume it is to elaborate, but the closer he gets, the faster your heart goes.

"Why am I.."

He wasn't wearing his glasses either. So it's easier to read his expression. He's standing right in front of you now.

"Are you still going to feign obliviousness?"

Somehow you get it, all that he's been saying. You'd taken the fact that Nanami was a sorcerer for granted. Naturally you saw no threat. But this wasn't the kind of danger you were used to.

"Do you understand?" 

It feels like you've just been pierced. Those olive orbs studying you so closely. You can barely get out a word. Nanami doesn't make a move to get closer. He doesn't have to.

"Please be more aware."

It sounds like a remark out of concern. He moves to turn and walk off, but you grab at the sleeve of his suit jacket, and he stops. At first he can't make out your face, it's shielded by your hair, but when you look up, he's taken aback by your bashful expression.

"H-How can you say something like that and just walk away. You don't see me as a woman either." 

It's clear to him, the cherry shade of your cheeks. Nanami turns back.

"Are you giving me permission to do as I please?"

You swallow. Your eyes tremble, and he moves forward. You're a bit shocked at how desperate it feels when his lips finally collide. Your grip on his coat tightens, and your knees almost buckle when his tongue swipes your lower lip. There's a soft sound that leaves your throat, and Nanami takes another step, and your back hits the wall. The action has you light headed.

You barely process his tongue slipping through until you feel it touch your own. You moan, and he pins your arms. To say this was sudden is an understatement. Nanami is quite experienced it seems, or maybe he's just naturally talented at everything he does. He lets up to give you a chance to gather your breath. You're panting. He still has your hands bound, and you're dazed. Nanami licks his lips.

"I did warn you."

Yes, he certainly did.