Chapter 2

"Above."

You jump off the roof, and when you swing the blade, a mass of energy escapes. The blue flames rush forward, straight at the deformed creature. With a screech, its body is hit, engulfed by the energy, just as your blade cuts right through it.

You land on solid ground below, nodding at Nanami.

"I'd merely been bluffing about my knowledge on her energy's flow. But I may have been right. She's shot out five of those at equal strength and she still looks unaffected. "

Nanami appreciated being paired with someone of equal caliber every once in a while. More often than not he got stuck with the sorcerers that were available, which meant he spent more time ensuring that they came back unharmed. He'd been worried about the same when you both were appointed. More and more it was happening. You took his lecture to heart, now it seems like you're much more confident in your way of dispensing cursed energy.

"That's the last one."

Nanami lowered his blade as he jumped down to meet you. When he lands, you sheath your sword.

"Sorry about that. I know it was first grade, but I think I overdid it."

"No, that was the right amount. In battle we have very little time to think of how much is appropriate. There will be times where overdoing it could mean the difference to life or death. Trust your instincts. Your body is not the same as mine, your limits have yet to be established."

"Thanks."

"I'm simply stating a fact."

A bead of sweat ran down your head.

"I hate when he does that."

The guy was so unreadable.

"We should get back. I'm sure Gojo has more secret missions for us.

Secret meaning assignments he was too lazy to handle so he sprung it on you or his students. He really had no shame.

"The number of cursed spirits is increasing and Gojo is running around doing who knows what." you mutter.

It was unnerving to say the least.

"He is not known for his reliability in sharing his plans. "

Nanami's right. He just did what he wanted. You know the only reason he's still a part of the school is because he's powerful. The higher ups may have been arrogant, but they weren't stupud. 

Above everything, Gojo is an asset.

Even if he was absent the majority of the time.

~~~

When you get back, it's to speak with the Principal about Suno. The earlier she was recruited into the school, the better. With her powers growing, it would be bad if she unintentionally hurt someone, or herself. There's no doubt she'll start seeing spirits soon. It wasn't exactly great to deal with things you couldn't explain.

To your surprise, things might be moving more smoothly than you thought.

"(Y/N)-sensei?!!"

"Eh? S-Suno-san!!" 

She is at Jujutsu Tech. Not just that, but she is wearing the uniform. Gojo was standing behind her waving happily.

"(Y/N)-chan~"

You frown, running up you fired a kick right at his face. Of course it didn't land.

"You sneaky bastard you could have told me!!"

You kept punching the barrier, and Nanami sweatdropped.

"A-Ano, (Y/N)-sensei." You stopped turning to her.

"I-I don't really understand this whole sorcerer thing, but Gojo-sensei says I can be strong. He says I can protect people. Just like the way you've always done for me. I-I'd like the opportunity to try. "

The determination was clear on her face. You were relieved that not only was she taking this extremely well, but she wanted to do something good with her recent discovery. A part of you had planned to train her in secret and when she was strong enough to advise her to move far away from Gojo's grumby paws. He really was a menace sometimes.

"Principal Yaga has already accepted her. "

Doesn't look like you have much of a say in it. You smile at her.

"Just be careful okay. Gojo here is a dumbass. "

"That's a cruel way to talk to your boyfriend."

"YOU'RE NOT MY BOYFRIEND!!"

Man this guy pissed you off.

Suno smiles.

"Hai, I'll be careful. Thank you (Y/N)-sensei!!"

There was that smile. At the end of the day, as a teacher that was all you could truly strive for.