Chapter 3

"Try again."

Suno was exhausted, you could see it on her face, but she still pushed through. Her first lesson needed to be challenging her cursed energy. You couldn't use a tactic like what Gojo did. She wouldn't learn that way.

"H-Hai!"

With her legs crossed, she closed her eyes. You could see it, the steady build up. It was easy to spot, but horribly unbalanced. As quickly as it had risen, it faded.

"Gomen...sensei.."

Her eyes slid shut and you caught her shoulder as she hunched over.

"I'm pushing too far."

The fact that she literally passed out from exhaustion caused a bit of disappointment.

"Here I am lecturing myself about being better than Gojo." 

Lifting her up, you moved to the door. With a little rest, you'd talk to her tomorrow. Maybe it was time to hear out her suggestions, rather than trying to nurture her the way you thought was best. Placing her down on the bed, you pull up the covers.

"Rest up." 

You turned, exiting the room. As you closed it, the head of dark hair stopped you. Right next to him were two other students and Gojo.

"Ah, what a nice surprise. All of you, this is (Y/N) (L/N). She's a second grade sorcerer, as well as a regular ethics teacher. "

Just from taking a look at all of them you could put the names to the faces.

"Kugisaki Nobara, Fushiguro Megumi and Itadori Yuji, nice to meet you." You bow, and Itadori marvels.

"Wow, she got it right on the first try!" You smile. Itadori was exactly as Gojo described. You tilt your head.

"Ano by chance do you both live on this floor?" Itadori nods furiously.

"Hai!" You hoped so.

"I know it may be too much to ask, but would you mind looking out for my student? She's just recently joined. She's still getting the hang of it all. I think it would be better if she had someone who could relate. From my understanding you're quite the same Itadori-san."

"Sure am."

"She's a beginner?" Kugisaki asked.

"She is. Unfortunately she hasn't even learned to fully grasp her cursed energy. I don't want her to be too dismayed by her lack of progress. I know she can be an amazing sorcerer with the right nudge."

"Leave it to us!" Kugisaki and Itadori said in unison. You bow.

"Thank you."

"She's strong." Fushiguro's statement makes you pause. Gojo is just wearing that proud smirk.

"You can feel it too?" You question. He gives a curt nod.

"He is my student after all. I taught him everything, the same way I did with you."

"So you too huh."

Fushiguro nods.

"Yes, unfortunately. "

"Eh, what's with that exchange just now!!"

You both knew what it was like with someone as aloof as Gojo.

"I need to get back. I have classes to teach tomorrow. Please don't let Gojo anywhere near my student Itadori-san."

"Roger!"

"Hey, don't you trust me?"

"Not at all."

It shouldn't have even been a question.

When you left, Itadori turned to Gojo, a thoughtful look on his face.

"Gojo-sensei, (L/N)-sensei is strong too." Gojo smiled.

"She is. Although she's ranked second grade, in battle I believe her power exceeds that. Like you, I trained with her when she first got here. We were the same age at the time."

"What kind of fighter is she?" Kugisaki asked curiously.

"I have absolutely no idea. "

"What, but you trained with her."

"I did, but there are things she hasn't even discovered herself. I can't claim to know her power when I haven't seen it first hand. "

He was always down for a challenge.

"But she is my girlfriend so-"

"I'M NOT YOUR GIRLFRIEND YOU BLUE EYED WERIDO!!" The yell echoed through the halls, and all three of them sweatdropped.

"She's in denial."

"You're the one that seems to be in denial, Gojo-sensei."