♥︎ 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒

Start from the beginning

°˖✧✿✧˖° lia °˖✧✿✧˖°

As soon as we were out of the car and public and in the museum, she began to realise where we were. Apparently, she had been asking Annabelle to come here with her for a while, just for the dinosaurs but Annie was a busy person.
"You good?" I asked her softly as she looked at me. Her headphones were still on and they'll probably stay on the time we were here. She needed the steady music to help keep her calm and I had no qualms about that. She was my baby and if that's what she needed, that's what I'll give her. She nodded and moved closer to me anyway. I kissed her cheek and held her hand tightly, walking us through the entrance and up the stairs. I loved this museum. It was so full of little quirks and it wasn't the traditional dark and grumpy one- it was bright and open and I just adored the atmosphere. One of my books is set here- yes, the whole book- and I have spent way too much time here to get the story absolutely correct. As a writer, I have to be able to imagine the story as I write it and I immerse myself into that world. My office, at home, is huge, simply so I can act out my whole book as I speak it and then edit the speech to text. It's not a common writer way but it's my writer way- also the reason no one can be there when I'm writing.
"Are de dinos here?" she asked me, leaning in.
"They are baby! Which one do you want to see first?"
"The steggo," she said, very matter of factly, nodding her head with finality. I smiled and headed towards the stairs again. The stegosaurus was on the third floor- ironically in the children's interactive section. However, I loved my baby but she wasn't all that confident, especially when little so I knew she wouldn't go and get too visibly excited. We walked up the stairs but I let her take her time, taking things in and really just soaking up where she was. She was so carefree when it came to these things though and I adored that she trusted me. From the get go, the very first time we properly hung out with each other, her trust in me was secured and I had never been more grateful.

A few hours had passed and I was sat on a bench as she sat in front of the steggo, drawing him. I thought it was insanely cute when she asked for her sketch book and I wasn't going to say no. She had her headphones on still and I was just enjoying the beautiful view of my baby. She'd look up and then down and her face was so full of concentration and focus. Her tongue stuck out slightly as she drew and my god, I wanted to hold her and protect her forever. However, I knew I needed the toilet and my belly was beginning to rumble. I never eat breakfast, I never have- although I make Kennedy eat it. I was just used to a late breakfast, early lunch. I stood up and walked over to her and then crouched down beside her. She glanced up at me and gave me a pearly smile and I chuckled. I ran my hand over her hair and slowly pulled her headphones off her ears and let them rest around her neck.
"Hewo," she said to me, still sketching. Her drawing was beautiful. It was so intricately detailed that I was surprised she'd managed to do it from here.
"Hello," I replied. "I love your picture."
"Fanx, it almowst finished."
"That's okay, how's your belly feeling? Has she told you she's hungry yet?"
She thought for a moment then nodded her head. "She want icecweam," she giggled and threw her head back, looking at me with her cheeky grin. I opened my eyes wide.
"Does she really?"
"She does mama! We getted it her?" She got excited now, thinking she was getting icecream.
"I think we should give her a sandwhich first and then icecream! How does that sound?" She huffed and her face instantly fell. She even dropped her pencil, just to cross her arms. I chuckled.
"She no wan sandwitch!"
"She doesn't? What about... some soup?"
"No mama! Icecweam," she grumbled.
"Hmm, maybe a panini?" I suggested. She huffed more and turned away from me, spinning on her bottom. I shook my head, obviously she gets grumpy now.
"Well then, you need to tell your belly that she won't get icecream until she has something savoury first," I said simply. She sighed and closed her sketchbook, still frowning at me. We stayed sat there for a few minutes whilst she processed what she wanted.
"I just hav cwisps?" she asked me, lifting one shoulder up.
But I shook my head, "not if you're wanting icecream too bub. You've got to look after yourself haven't you?"
"I wook aftwer myswelf wif icecweam," she grumbled. I sighed and stood up.
"Let's go to the bathroom and then we can decide on food- yeah?"
She sighed but stood up next to me. She handed me her sketchbook but kept the sad look on her face. "Otway," she sighed as I took her hand. I kissed her temple as we walked out of the stegosaurus section.
I walked us into the disabled bathroom. "Do you need to go?" I asked. She shook her head but blushed madly. "Have you already gone?" I asked her, keeping mmy voice neutral. I didn't want her to be embarrassed- accidents happen to babies. She nodded softly and turned on the balls of her feet, away from me. I smiled softly and pulled her pull up bag out of the bag.
"Come here then little love," I took her hand gently and lifted up her skirt. She stayed quiet, letting me clean her up.

We decided on pizza then icecream. Although it wasn't the healthiest option, it was what she wanted and I knew she wouldn't pick anything else. I told her savoury and she picked savoury. The pizza restaurant was busy so she had her headphones on as she ate in silence but I didn't care. Her bunny was on her lap and I occasionaly ran my hand through her hair. She was my princess and I couldn't wait to take her on tour!