12. Light Switch

Comincia dall'inizio

She looked at them until she turned around and showed us one. "Aha! There's something called a 'Selkidomus' ravaging boats up and down the coast. We'll be on a high-seas adventure!" She cheered. "Woah yeah!" I smiled as I went to Luz. "Hmm... No." Mom concluded. "What..? Why?" I moped. "We gotta keep a low profile while my powers are weakened. And we need fast cash. How about this guy?" She gestured to another sign. It was a pink demon with a lollipop in its hand.

"Oh wow, mom." I sarcastically said while crossing my arms. "No no no. I hear it's very dangerous." She gasped. "And look, there he is." She pointed to a crowd and the demon was standing there and he started to run away. I walked over to it and it was halfway climbing the statue. I climbed after it and I sat down when I got to the statue's arm. Luz was right next to me. "You'll never catch me." He claimed. He turned around and saw me.

"You did it. You caught me." He fell into my arms. I saw King crawl in my lap. I looked down to see my mom. "Things aren't looking great, Lily." Mom was talking to my aunt. "This bounty hunting stuff isn't putting food on the table." Mom explained. Lilith tried speaking but the poster was on her face. "Oh, I'm sure Luz can handle bigger bounties as long as Y/n's there. Y/n can even handle them alone if she wanted to. But if we wanna eat we don't have the luxury to mess up even once." Mom told her.

Lily started to mumble again. "No apple blood. I spent the money on griffin eggs for Luz and fairy pies for Y/n." She got into the carriage. "There's not a lot she can digest here, so I make sure to have her favorites around. And Y/n loves her fairy pies." Mom left with Lily. "That's rough buddy." The pink demon sniffled. King took his candy and pushed him off the sculpture. I jumped off and I caught Luz. I put her down and I caught King in my arms and I watched the pink demon run away.

"This is awful. Eda wouldn't be in this situation if it weren't for me. Maybe it would be better if I never came here." Luz looked at her hands. "I can't change the past, but I can still change the future!" Luz looked at me. I knew exactly what she was thinking and I wanted in. "So, let's go!" I cheered. "Yeah!" Luz gave me a high-five.

~~~~~~

I had on black pants with matching knee-high black boots on. I have an oversized white shirt with semi-puffy sleeves on but it was managed by a black and gold corset. That was paired with my golden necklace Hunter got me. I had my satchel on my waist that was filled with potions and my palisman. Luz gave me a big triangle hat and told me, 'Oh, you're going for a pirate outfit? Can you please wear this with it?' so, of course, I had to. I had King on my shoulder and the wanted poster of the Selkidomus in my hands.

We were walking to the ship and Luz examined me one more time. "I can't believe you went for a pirate look! I should have thought of that." She told me. "What is that? And do I really look like that?" I asked her. "It's nothing important but yeah you do! Don't worry it's a good thing." She elbowed me gently. We got to the (what I assume) the captain and I slammed the poster on the barrel in front of him. "The Selkidomus hunt. We want in." I told him.

The ship's horn boomed in the background. "You think you two can handle this, squirt?" He asked. "We can handle anything," Luz told him. He gave us headbands and we went onto the ship. Luz put her headband on and I handed her my big (and unnecessary) hat as I put on my headpiece. It was blue with a fish on the front. I put my hat back on and Luz had on a big smile. "What?" I asked her. "Just stand there for me please." She backed up and took out her glowing rectangle. She stood there for a minute before running back to me.

~Time Skip~

We were by the front of the boat admiring the waves. "When we defeat the Selkidomus and get a boatload of snails, Eda won't have to worry about money for a long time," Luz concluded. "And I will be able to cook whenever and whatever I want," I added. "King want a cracker." King shared over my shoulder. Luz started to go all weird after he said that.