Chapter 5

*Dinner at the Matthew's*

*The people who are here are Maya, Lucas, Josh, Riley, Cory, Topanga, Alan, and Amy, Auggie is having dinner at Ava's tonight because they didn't want him around when everything went down*

Maya's POV

Dinner has started, I was already pretty uncomfortable with Josh being here, but Lucas was holding my hand and we were at opposite ends of the table which made things a little better. Topanga cooked a beautiful roast chicken and Cory finally pipes up. "So, I'm sure mom, dad, and Josh, are curious as to why we are having this out-of-the-blue dinner. Well, we are actually here to talk about you Josh". He said pointing to Josh. Josh immediately had a look of confusion across his face. "Oh, don't act so confused Josh, you know what you did to Maya". Cory said. "What exactly did Josh do, Cory?" Amy asked. "Oh, well, if you must know mother, why don't we have Josh try to explain for himself". Cory said to which Josh remained silent. "You have nothing to say for yourself? Ok, allow me to explain for you all. I was just informed earlier today by the beautiful and lovely Maya that for the last year, Josh has harassed Maya on multiple occasions both in person and by text". I looked over to Lucas and could already see anger building up on his face, I squeezed his hand just a little. "Maya informed me that last year while she was maternity shopping, she ran into Josh at Starbucks and he professed his love to her and he kissed her, and just a couple of months ago, she ran into him again at Starbucks and he kissed her again. Since then he has done nothing but send her dirty text messages. She had no idea who to tell and she's been hiding it from all of us for over a year". Cory said and everyone looked at Josh in silence, nobody had any idea what to say. I could see Lucas getting even angrier when he finally yelled, "Josh what in the hell is wrong with you, I am her soon-to-be husband and the father of her 3 children, what in God's name would possess you to do those awful things to her. She ended things with you a long time ago and you had no business doing any of that to her". "I completely agree, Joshua Gabriel, what is wrong with you. Maya has a family and has no desire to let you in and ruin that". Alan said with clear anger as well. "Let me explain-" "There is nothing to explain Josh, you need to apologize to Maya, leave her alone for the rest of her life and never ever step foot inside our house or hers, ever again". Topanga said. "Maya, I am sorry, but I just didn't want to believe things between you and I were over-". "They never started Josh, as soon as I saw my positive pregnancy test, I knew I was going to be with Lucas forever. I hear your apology, but I don't accept it, and I will likely never forgive you for what you did. Goodbye Josh". Maya said. "Yes Josh, I think it's time for you to leave, actually it might be long overdue, so get out". Cory said, and Josh left. Riley was crying because of how in shock she was over what she'd just heard and how Maya could keep a secret like that for so long. Lucas was also in shock and was still quite angry over what he'd just heard and how someone like Josh could do that to Maya.

AN: Here is an update for you guys, obviously, Josh will no longer be a part of this book or this series because the Matthew's have now resented him. I thought about making Lucas' reaction to this a bit more extreme, but I decided to let the "Texas Lucas" part of him sort of fade away as he is now a dad, but let me know what you think, should Lucas have responded differently, did he respond the right way, tell me in a comment and I will be sure to update soon! I hope you enjoyed this chapter!